• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
new to animation cartoon.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronin Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:08 am Reply with quote
this is my first time on the animenewsnetwork in one of thies Interactive Forum Englilsh is is my Second Language and i am new to animation caartoon i onnly know about tri-gunn can you help me seee moore animation caartoon
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:26 am Reply with quote
Welcome! And if you're talking about Japanese cartoons, just call them anime (pronounced "ah-ni-meh" or "an-i-may," you can pick whichever).

Trigun's a good starter anime, I would also suggest Cowboy Bebop. It's been viewed the most by everyone on this site.

What kind of themes or stories do you like? Do you like action, romance, comedy, drama? Depending on what you like, I might be able to come up with more suggestions Wink.

For now though, I'll say you can't go wrong with Cowboy Bebop.
Rah-Rah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:05 am Reply with quote
Sorry. I made a posting mistake.

Last edited by Rah-Rah on Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Rah-Rah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:06 am Reply with quote
Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Bleach, and Hellsing are all great manga (japanese comics). Check them out. And if you want anime, you can't go wrong with Fullmetal Alchemist.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:10 am Reply with quote
Cookie provided a great deal of suggestions here. In addition to that list, all movies by Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli are excellent. For TV series, well, I have a long list of suggestions but it really depends on which genre you like.

I believe there are many recommendation threads here at ANN (e.g. click for romantic or slice of life anime). Check them out first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1