• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Searching - anime/casual game style sound libraries.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calgonite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I am a Gameproducer and Sound-Designer (and AnimeFan) from Germany. I search for Sampling CDs with Anime Sounds (not music, but single Sounds and Jingles, Synth FX).

Such Soundlibraries (Sample CDs?) existed already in the 90s, there were many Anime series which had the same sounds. They contain magic-like sounds, short jingles and other sounds which can be used for Animated series and games.

And with the productions of the last years, I hear many new sounds, again same in many different series, they also appear in Casual Games.

Anyone knows the name of such libraries, sounds for Anime or Casual or Arcade game sampling CDs? Rolling Eyes

Thanks.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I don't have an answer to your question really... but I had found that the Hand Maid May soundtrack had a ton of, how do I put it, May's "sounds" on the end of it. I'm talking like 25+ tracks of nothing but "ah" "oh" "uh" "eh", "am" "om" "um" "em" type things. I thought it was really strange to have on a cd full of music. Maybe you could find some of the sounds you're looking for on limited versions of cds? I haven't found any recently... but... that could be a starting place.

Also, you could prolly hire someone to do the sounds you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
PaniPoni61

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Bento Box is on the right track, especially if you are just looking for samples & "bytes". There is a lot you can just outright download--for free...legally....no kidding. Especially when it comes to just about any kind of anime. Now as BB said, there are a lot of moans'n'groans, ooohs & ahhhs to be found. A lot..

Where to find? Simple. Go to any reputable online japanese game site. Mods, i implore you do not ban me for this, i'm just making suggestions, and will use no names. Yes, i'm talking about sites that (also) feature eroge games. There is at least one that is in english, and i think they also have the site available in other, re:various European languages as well. If you search for music, that will be there. However, that is the beginning of your journey.

From there, if there is a link to the makers' sites, go right ahead and click. They are the makers, they will not give you any unwanted invasive malware as they do not want any negative publicity, they want their products known. More than likely, there will be free samples of their products as well. Plus, there will probably be links to other makers' sites as well. Just follow the trail.

One thing however. I have to say this, since i work in a music-related business. If you are going to use anyone's, any company's, any artists' product, please, please make sure that it's available for release, and give credit where credit is due.

Good luck on your endeavors.
ponlork

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I personally like to rip sound from anime related games. Often times there is a sound test you can play with, but what I usually do is look for methods to extract the audio or video whether it be lightweight hex hacking or using an extractor. Games such as Naruto has a lot of sound effects you can use. Then there's all those dating sims that got a slew of dialogue. Oh yeah as for arcade games I use either MAME or the Kawaks emulator.

Matter of fact, funny you should bring it up because I'm in the process doing something similar. I'm making a homebrew game for the PSP titled "Learn Japanese" and I plan on using a lot of sounds from anime characters to pronounce the words.

Here's the link, I also used Kawaks to rip the sprites
Learn Japanese on the PSP!

I got sounds on top of sounds, I like to mess with audio too. there's even some products such as Lain bootleg that includes data from the show. Though what I'm doing is a hobby, not sure you can use those sounds officially.

Last edited by ponlork on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total
calgonite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:52 am Reply with quote
Thanks for your thoughts, I can rip stuff, but I need to legally buy the Sampling CD / Library License in order to use it officially in my games. And I need more the Jingle / Bell like sounds, no vocals.

There are several very good sounds out there (same in many animes) which must be from some kind of Sampling CD and I dunno where it is from, I also asked in Audio / Music-Tech Forums. It seems to be a big secret... Rolling Eyes
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quote
I tinkered with an RPG Maker a while back and was able to find sound effects online. Don't ask me where as it was over a year ago, but you may try those kinds of sound files first. Some of the sound bytes my boyfriend and I used were actually used in the online mmo Wizard 101 (was surprisingly good, but... a little grindy at late levels). The sounds worked great in that particular game and the 2-d style rpg maker stuff.

I wish you the best of luck. If I come across anything, I'll definitely let you know. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
calgonite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Bento, its appreciated.

Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1