• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
what is this all about?:i think its an anime game:

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brooklynmaiden51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GkIzD0n5p0
will someon tell me please:
1)what is this?
2) why are there so many clones of this on youtube?
3)why i cant get this song out of my head?
this will probably get taken down cause of a piracy thing so pm me with the answer if you know.
Sun King

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quote
After clicking on the link that was provided, I'll try and answer your questions to the best of my ability

1) It's the most annoying thing I've ever seen
2) The world will never know
3) Because you like to count
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quote
My ears O_o
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote
My God....Where can I get this song???

Seriously, this thing is amazing!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote
You people have no taste. That song rocks. Razz

Anyway, its a fan-made piece (both song and animation) based on a series of Japanese doujinshi games collectively known as Touhou Project. They're a series of top-down shooters known for being impossibly difficult and very elaborate in the enemies' attack patterns. It's also known for having a huge all-female cast of highly likable and iconic characters, who have become extremely popular among Japanese otaku.

This site here will help you out in further explaining things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote
That is an ad for a Touhou Project game soundtrack I believe. I've had that on my favorites for a while, along with another one, I think I put it in the AMV Love thread.

This is the other one.

There's also an older one but it's not all that great.

EDIT: Nagisa beat me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quote
For the sake of posting them, here are two more Flashes by the same group. These two are my personal favorites, as they look and feel like they could easily be OPs for some hypothetical Touhou anime.

The first, and the second.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
If someone could furnish me with the names and artists of all the songs used, I would be eternally grateful.

The two Nagisa linked really do look like OPs....Wow o.o
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eruanna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
OH MY WARD.
Yes, if anyone knows the song titles and the artist names for these songs? This is amazing.
And if they ever make an anime out of this, I am SO going to watch it.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quote
That song was awsome, I can't get it out of my head now. It reminded me of that video Karl was watching in the episode "Not in Portland" of Lost.
Sun King

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
The two Nagisa linked really do look like OPs....Wow o.o

Yeah, they really do look like they could be the opening of an anime, from the uninspired visuals down to the bland J-pop Confused
Mephistophilus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Hey, call J-pop what you want, but it's difficult to call it "bland..." Anyway, I quite liked the songs, and I never really knew you could make a catchy song so easily with 3 numbers and a few words. As for the OP, an anime out of a top-down shooter would be... Interesting, for lack of a better word in this case. Certainly without precedent, anyway.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I remember when PantsGoblin provided the links to those videos, I totally love them. They even have those songs available on the soundtracks, although I haven't been able to find too many other songs like them Confused
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
For the sake of posting them, here are two more Flashes by the same group. These two are my personal favorites, as they look and feel like they could easily be OPs for some hypothetical Touhou anime.

The first, and the second.

How exactly would a touhou anime work? Have a girl flying around with super flashy lights and wings shoot everything in her way until she meets a true opponent and has an ultimate boss fight with more bullets on the screen then the screen will allow, in a beautiful and highly orchestrated form of course. With music from every genre imaginable.

Oh ya, I meant to ask, in the Genshiken OVA 14, the game he wasplaying looked a lot like one og the Touhou games, there are many games out there that look like it, but this one really did. Although I'm still disappointed that Guilty Gear isn't in it anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Mephistophilus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
<snip>

How exactly would a touhou anime work? Have a girl flying around with super flashy lights and wings shoot everything in her way until she meets a true opponent and has an ultimate boss fight with more bullets on the screen then the screen will allow, in a beautiful and highly orchestrated form of course. With music from every genre imaginable.

Oh ya, I meant to ask, in the Genshiken OVA 14, the game he wasplaying looked a lot like one og the Touhou games, there are many games out there that look like it, but this one really did. Although I'm still disappointed that Guilty Gear isn't in it anymore.

From what I've seen, aren't a lot of eroge adaptations at least a good deal different than their original games? I know that a lot of the romantic aspects of those games are kept at least somewhat intact, but I can see how you could take the characters of a game such as this and just kind of make a story working around the "top-down shooter" aspect of the game. It would be difficult, but hey, it could happen, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2