• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
WTF is the difference between Trigun and Maximum!? (Please)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OtakuBullet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:35 pm Reply with quote
LOL The WTF was just to grab your attention, much apologies! *Bow* But seriously I've seen the toys and now am just wondering what the difference between the two are. And how they relate to each other in the grander scheme of things. Are they 2 alternate stories? Are is maximum a continuation off the first manga? Also , does Maximum follow the Trigun animated series ? Also does anyone know if our beloved Vash the Stampede will be sequel'd? Thanks in advance!
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:46 pm Reply with quote
This should really be in the manga forum, as it pertains only to the manga and not the anime.

The Encyclopedia has the answer to your question.
manga#31
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Trigun was first serialized in Shonen Captain magazine from the series debut in 1995 until the magazine was cancelled in 1997.
Following the cancelation of Shonen Captain, Nightow changed publishers to Shonen Gahosha and the series continued to be serialized in Young King Ours magazine. Due to the original publisher retaining the name Trigun, Nightow had to change the title to Trigun Maximum, which isn’t a sequel; just a new name for the rest of the same series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1