• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best First Episode Tournament: Post-Mortem

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
@dtm42: Ah, I see I made a very awful statement there, because I wanted to refer to female anime characters.

Yes, I know you meant Anime characters when I made my reply.

A Mystery wrote:
Sorry, but do I have to read every topic in this forum?

No, but it was unfortunate of you to say something like that less than twenty-four hours after that exact topic had been raised.
Tris8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
Still, I have no adoration for moe whatsoever and I'm still thinking: would people vote for male moe characters and would they have a chance to win? Since even if the definition of moe is broad and flexible, the standard type of a moe girl most people think of would have more chance, I believe.
I would definitely vote for male moe characters, in particular the little fox child from Natsume's Book of Friends. Heck, if we do redo the moe tournament some time I'll probably be the one nominating him.
I think you are right though, that the more traditional moe girl would have an advantage in the tournament. But I would be very surprised if at least one strong moe male didn't at least make it to the top 8.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Sometime in the next day or two I'm going to start a new thread to do an Interest Survey on this. Options for starting the process in November and waiting until January will both be on the table.

It's been almost two weeks. Still feel like doing the survey, or should we just put the next tournament on hold till January?
mow123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive and would be interested in another tournament. I think my positing history more than makes that clear.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Just F.Y.I.-- The Forum Tournament Interest Survey is here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 43 of 43