• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) Second season hopefully?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaded25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I've been a Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) for a couple of months now and I've watched the anime at least 10 times because I think it is that great of an anime, which is greatly underrated. I see that Geneon has released up to 9 volumes of Fighting Spirit and of course the dub version is horrible and at least they kept the japanese track as an audio option. I seriously can't express how much I think this anime is one of the best I've ever seen. It made me laugh, feel sorry for some characters, and even think that the storyline never gets stale and has more heart then anything I've ever seen so far. I was just wondering if Geneon might continue and release a second season? Are the dvds selling high or are there disappointing numbers?
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Even if Ippo was one of the most hotly anticipated series here in the U.S., given the age of the series, and the interest in Japan, I'd say that's a no.

While there is enough interest to garner them releasing another one of the games here, the best it's good for is promoting a (hopefully) eventual license of the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Volume 74 just came out in Japan. With a series that long I'd assume there is some interest.

FRICKING PUT SAWAMURA VS. MASHIBA AS AN ANIME!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:04 am Reply with quote
Was the dub that bad? I really like the dub on fighting spirit and it's definitely one of the best anime available.

Actually Fighting Spirit was broken down into 3 season. Will we see a 4th Season? Probably not, because I haven't see many long 75-ish series (such as Hikaru no go and HxH) get resurrected, and if they do it's not that offend.
MasterRoshiX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Was the dub that bad? I really like the dub on fighting spirit and it's definitely one of the best anime available.

Actually Fighting Spirit was broken down into 3 season. Will we see a 4th Season? Probably not, because I haven't see many long 75-ish series (such as Hikaru no go and HxH) get resurrected, and if they do it's not that offend.

It seems some stores discontinued releasing Fighting Spirit even after they sold every copy of the first volume... weird huh?

If there isn't going to be any more further releases you could always import it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1