• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Case Closed Question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nameben

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Does any one know when Funimation will start releasing the season one DVDs again? I want them BADLY.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Not entirely sure, since different people have said different things. The last I heard (and from the most credible source I could find) was that the first season would be released after it was finished.... which is, you know, something that will not happen for a VERY long time.
nameben

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quote
darn, I was hoping for them maybe when they finished season 5
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they'll release the discs separately whenever a "starter box" is released. We will soon find out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:23 pm Reply with quote
season 5 is going to be released as a box set on april 9th 2005.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:39 pm Reply with quote
No, I'm pretty sure it's just the volume with box deal. Amazon.com kind of made it confusing though because it says there're five discs but that probably just refers to how many dvd's it will hold.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
no it is the whole seson 5 box set i know someone that works at funimation and they said season 5 will come out as a box set and the 2 first case closed movies will also be out this year to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:24 pm Reply with quote
nameben wrote:
Does any one know when Funimation will start releasing the season one DVDs again? I want them BADLY.
Don't think it'll be a for a while. Episodes that Adult Swim didn't air seems to be higher on their priority list.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
no it is the whole seson 5 box set i know someone that works at funimation and they said season 5 will come out as a box set and the 2 first case closed movies will also be out this year to.

Okay, I hope you're right. Its getting kind of expensive picking them up one by one.
kraid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:02 am Reply with quote
I assume that Season 1 will have a box set available with maybe either DVD 2 or no DVDs, since people who bought the first box set already have the 1st DVD, such as myself.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting/hoping for a Case Closed box set(s). I love the series, but I'm not quite obsessed enough to buy them individually if I didn't have to. With Funimation, I figured I'd wait around and see. It paid off with Yu Yu Hakusho, afterall. But then I wasn't sure what they're doing with the first volume and box... I didn't think when that happened that they'd come out with a box set afterward. *shrugs* All this stuff is just confusing sometimes. Rolling Eyes
nameben

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote
man, I only caught most of season 2 on adult swim, so I haven't seen like any of season 1.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1