• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Horror & Comedy Genre.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
becomingxx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm a very big horror and comedy fan. I haven't been watching much anime lately (shame on me) and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good horror or comedy anime. Just something awesome so I can make myself get back into the swing soon. Thanks all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Try this thread for horror.

Try this one for comedy.
darkcancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote
A good horror, in my opinion is Requiem From the Darkness. I really like the story and the animation. And good comedy would be Great Teacher Onizuka, GTO for short. I own both and they are both really good. Hope this helps.
Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Abonashi magical shopping arcade is a pretty good comedy that combines the insaneness of flcl with some funny parodies. Very Happy
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm trying to think, are there any good anime horror/comedies akin to Shaun of the Dead? I really can't think of any. Question
Innotech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I've got a very good suggestion for you. I hope you can tolerate kawaiiness because htis show has a lot of cuteness alongside hte horror. It is called Tsukuyomi Moonphase, about a cute vampire girl, Hazuki (who wears neko-mimi) and a young photographer for an occult magazine. the photographer goes to Hazuki's castle to takep ics of ghosts, but he spots her instead and she manipulates him into letting her kiss him, which she then bites his neck and assumes he has become her vampire servant. This is where comedy comes in. You see, our photographer here cannot be turned. He is impervious to vampire bites, so cute Hazuki can do nothing about it but hang around him and demand htings. Hilarity ensues but also a fair bit of horror/occult vampire genre stuff. It sounds like somehting you'd enjoy. I know I sure as hell am and I dont even like horror genre! but Hazuki makes all the difference Wink
Lupin_333

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:48 pm Reply with quote
For your comedy and horror fix try Go Nagai's Demon Lord Dante. It's good campy fun.

As for the Shaun of the Dead thing... some things are better left to live-action films. You can't really have horror in an animated show because bizarre is normal and vice-versa.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1