• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[ID this anime movie][Princess Mononoke]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joaquy23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:18 am Reply with quote
im a anime movie fan...i need help please....

there is a anime movie... really good and bloody^^ movie...
it was about this girl that was raise by wolves and there was a big white wolf...that on the final scene was being attack by a bunch of people AND A WILDPIG...i dont really recall anything else from the movie but i know it was about mother nature dying and a guy that becomes crazy because of something on his blood. if anyone knows the name of this anime movie....please email at [email protected] u

[edit - topic adjusted. -c]
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:26 am Reply with quote
Princess Mononoke
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:38 am Reply with quote
joaquy23 wrote:

it was about this girl that was raise by wolves and there was a big white wolf...that on the final scene was being attack by a bunch of people AND A WILDPIG...i don't really recall anything else from the movie but i know it was about mother nature dying and a guy that becomes crazy because of something on his blood. if anyone knows the name of this anime movie....please email at [email protected] u

That has to be one of the worst synopses of Princess Mononoke that I have ever heard. Although doubtless it is the movie you are refering to.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:18 am Reply with quote
joaquy23 wrote:

it was about this girl that was raise by wolves and there was a big white wolf...that on the final scene was being attack by a bunch of people AND A WILDPIG...i don't really recall anything else from the movie but i know it was about mother nature dying and a guy that becomes crazy because of something on his blood. if anyone knows the name of this anime movie....please email at [email protected] u

Yes, that is princess mononoke. Right from the "girl raised by white wolves and there was a big white wolve" i knew it.

And, as previously stated by Shell Bullet....that is a really bad synopses.

anime#197

thats the link /\
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:34 am Reply with quote
If this person left us an e-mail address, he or she probably isn't coming back to be an active member of the forum, so leaving a link, or posting in this thread at all really, won't really do much.
starfireliz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:47 pm Reply with quote
you have to kind of laugh at the synopsis though. Very Happy
imaginary_num6er

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Interestingly enough, one of the major facts that people forget about Mononoke is that originally, it was not about mother nature I heard.

Miyazaki when he made this film "I heard" (sorry it is word-of-mouth) originally made it to represent differences in male and female spheres in society. Again "I heard" that as evidence, the males in the film are always outside, while the women within society are always left behind. However, the males who were "cursed" by the "cursed Gods" (correct translation???) lost their masculine image and are able to blend in the female part of society due to their physical disability. The Princess Mononoke (I am sorry! I forgot her name...) on the other hand, is raised in nature so there is really no sphere of society and therefore, she is free.

That is as far as I could recollect, and although this might sound total BS, it is a fact that Miyazaki himself stated that it was originally not a film based on ecology. Please someone extend this Sad
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:35 pm Reply with quote
starfireliz wrote:

Why, I don't remember it being particularly silly or funny...
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:40 pm Reply with quote
The earliest version of Mononoke Hime was formulated around 1980, and the story is more or less a Japanese version of Beauty and the Beast. Click here for more details.

imaginary_num6er wrote:
The Princess Mononoke (I am sorry! I forgot her name...)

Her name is San. Haven't you checked out the Encyclopedia entry of Mononoke Hine?

imaginary_num6er wrote:
That is as far as I could recollect, and although this might sound total BS, it is a fact that Miyazaki himself stated that it was originally not a film based on ecology. Please someone extend this Sad

Neither ecology nor environmentalism were Miyazaki's emphasis; they were byproducts. If you have read the manga version of Nausicaa, you'd understand that his emphasis is on the birthright of survival, that every living being has the right to stay alive, by the easiest and most efficient way one knows. Thus, developed countries have no right to criticize (under)developing countries for destroying its nature environment (e.g. slash-and-burn farming in rain forests) in exchange of food and farming, for a country having difficulty feeding human would care less about gene pool, biological diversity and changes in global weather pattern in the next 50-100 years; food for tomorrow is much more important.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:15 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

Neither ecology nor environmentalism were Miyazaki's emphasis; they were byproducts. If you have read the manga version of Nausicaa, you'd understand that his emphasis is on the birthright of survival, that every living being has the right to stay alive, by the easiest and most efficient way one knows. Thus, developed countries have no right to criticize (under)developing countries for destroying its nature environment (e.g. slash-and-burn farming in rain forests) in exchange of food and farming, for a country having difficulty feeding human would care less about gene pool, biological diversity and changes in global weather pattern in the next 50-100 years; food for tomorrow is much more important.

That, my friend, sounds a lot like Budhism; the idea that we only exist in the present and should only act in the present.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:52 am Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
That, my friend, sounds a lot like Budhism; the idea that we only exist in the present and should only act in the present.

Hmm, judging from your comment, I'd say either you know very little about Buddhism, or you know far better than an average Buddhist. PM me if you want to discuss further.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:48 pm Reply with quote
starfireliz wrote:

what do you expect you to say? they obviously had no real way to describe it. try explaining Spirited Away to someone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1