• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best horror Anime?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonyexe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:13 am Reply with quote
I just finished watching Elfen Lied and it was amazing! Shocked
It's best anime I had seen!

I want what someone reply what anime is similar to Elfen Lied??
Or just like Elfen Lied!And I'm new Here!
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Try Blood: The Last Vampire, or that new one Geneon just released...the one with the aspiring author...Damn, I don't remember it's name and cannot find it in the enyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
or that new one Geneon just released...the one with the aspiring author...Damn, I don't remember it's name and cannot find it in the enyclopedia.

You mean Tsukihime?
sonyexe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Ok! Smile Thaks, I will try!
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Animefreak08 wrote:
or that new one Geneon just released...the one with the aspiring author...Damn, I don't remember it's name and cannot find it in the enyclopedia.

You mean Tsukihime?

I think Animefreak08 was thinking about Requiem from the Darkness (Kyogoku Natsuhiko Kosetsu Hyaku Monogatari), adapted from works by horror novelist Natsuhiko kyogoku (京極 夏彦).

Last edited by dormcat on Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:08 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Tony K. wrote:
Animefreak08 wrote:

You mean Tsukihime?

I think Animefreak08 was thinking about Requiem from the Darkness (Kyogoku Natsuhiko Kosetsu Hyaku Monogatari).
Yeah, Dormcat got it. It's a very good one IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of the horror genre of anime, however, I did absolutely love Hellsing. Definitely check that one out. Gungrave is also kind of a horor anime, also very good.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of the horror genre of anime, however, I did absolutely love Hellsing. Definitely check that one out. Gungrave is also kind of a horor anime, also very good.
I second Hellsing, but Gungraveis a pile of crap. Also, nothing makes it scary. It has zombies, with hats. And guns. Which isn't impressive.
loveyuuu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Hellsing = Vampires+explosions+Big ASS guns ^^ Hellsing is teh bestest!

Uber dEuluxe!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Other suggestions in addition to Hellsing I will recommend inculde: Boogiepop Phantom, Twilight of the Dark Master, Vampire Hunter D, and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. These are a bit more on the serious side, although both VHDs are pretty decent in terms of action pacing as well, so don't expect to be freaked out by any stories or underlying plotlines.

If somewhat mindless action without a decent plot is something you're looking for, then I will also throw in Vampire Hunter (aka Darkstalkers).
Syto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:21 am Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
I second Hellsing, but Gungraveis a pile of crap. Also, nothing makes it scary. It has zombies, with hats. And guns. Which isn't impressive.

What's wrong with Gungrave? IMO Gungrave is much better than Hellsing.....Also I'm gonna have to check out Elfen Lied
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:58 am Reply with quote
since no one's said Vampire Princess Miyu, or Doomed Megapolis i'll just throw those in there.

would Elfen Lied really be considered horror?
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:17 am Reply with quote
To me Elfen Lied is horror and a few other genres but its not scary to me(however all the gore and blood rarely makes me shudder). So far my favorite horror ova is Petshop of horrors you never know what is going to be sold next and by the time the poor customer finds out its too late. I wish it was way longer 4 episodes; it doesnt sastify me. The vampire hunter d ova and bloodlust movie are good but no tv series is just a tease. I've seen all of Hellsing I have no qualms with it but its not scary. If there was a Silent Hill anime or something silimar to that pyschologically then it might scare me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
sonyexe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Ok.Thank's very much!And Elfen Lied is one of the best anime, I recomended it for everyone, it's very schoking and sad!And Hellsing also is good, but Elfen Lied is much better!Maybe someone else know good Drama, Horror, Mystery anime!
And Elfen Lied isn't just Horror anime!It's Drama, Horror, Mystery, Psychological, Romance, Science Fiction, Shounen, Supernatural! Cool
owen_c

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Dunno if I'd consider Elfen Lied as intended to be horror.
If you extend the horror genre to psychothrillers, Perfect Blue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3