• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Few suggestions needed:)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soullost

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:47 am Reply with quote
HI Smile im kinda getting into anime ever since my friend gave my FMA Sad Great Anime.

Anyway ineed some suggestions for other anime that would be in the same catagory as Dragon Ball Z and FMA. any animes that have both DBZ , FMA in it or close, i like animes when people have special abilitys eg in DBZ and FMA. any anime that go within those 2 catagories it would be soo HELPFUL if u post ur anime suggestions. THANKYOU!Very Happy
soullost

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:44 am Reply with quote
or atleast what genre what FMA and DBZ fall into so i can have a closer look:)
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am Reply with quote
FMA and DB both fall under the shonen action genre. You can check out this list for more popular anime. I would recommend Cowboy Bebop and perhaps R.O.D., which fall under a similar genre. You can also check out Cookie's list.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Ah the super-powered fighting anime genre, I love it as well. I'd recomend:

S-CRY-ed-A mysterious disaster has left part of Japan devestated and given the inhabitants of the area dubbed "The Lost Ground" the various abillities to form other matter to their own will. HOLD is created to police the area with it's elite force of Alter users know as HOLY. None of that crap matters to our main character Kazuma though who's just trying to scrape a living in the devestated area, however he'll soon become involved. Currently airing on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim block on Saturdays and also replays on Thursday nights.

Yu Yu HakushoWhen deliquent jouvenile Yuske Urameshi dies unexpectedly sacrificing himself to save a small boy the spirit world decides to give him a second chance at life. He gets charged with being a Spirit Detective and taking care of a few nasty demon world criminals. First however he has to make sure they don't cremate his body before he can complete a task to get back into it.

Bleach-Ichigo Kurasaki has always been able to see ghosts. However when his family is attacked one night he meets Rukia, a Soul Reaper, who's job it is to take care of such monsters. Ichigo is injured and she transfers some of her power to him to save his life however he somehow ends up taking it all. Now Ichigo is stuck doing her job for her while she recovers. However things get far more complicated when her fellow Soul Reapers find out what she's done.

The first two a fully available on DVD while Bleach is still being made and as of yet unliscensed here, however you can read the manga which is great so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1