• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Butler LE sells out at wholesale

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Via WTK from AoD and RACS:

Quote:
Black Butler Limited Edition Sold Out at Wholesale!

Funimation just sent us a quick note to let us know that the Black Butler Season 1 Part 1 DVD Collection (Eps #1-12) Limited Edition is now completely sold out at wholesale.

We still have them IN STOCK, but this means we cannot reorder it so our current inventory of the sets is it. Once they sell out we'll revert the set over to the regular edition. Full details on the limited edition can be found here.

Wow, that was quicker than I thought they'd go; I may not be too far off with my guess of 400 units. I hope a Funimation sale rolls around within the next month so I can grab others while I can. I'm also kind of surprised Sacred Blacksmith didn't sell out faster because once people found out about the art book they went crazy, and then went nuts after the towel was added. The ladies must really love them some Sebastian.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this makes me a bit nervous about my "wait for a TRSI Funi sale" before ordering certain limited editions.

Come on, TRSI, get the lead out!
EricDent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
So what exactly is in the limited edition anyway?

I saw the set at Fry's and it just looked like a normal box set that had room for the 2nd half of the first season. The box was pretty sturdy, but I did not see any "extra" item with it.

BTW the price for it was about $50.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Also according to RACS, Sacred Blacksmith is selling VERY well, along with Phantom. Blacksmith was apparently highly preordered, but Phantom has been moving at a pretty brisk pace despite low preorder numbers.

Nyan Koi, Kampher and Koihime Muso have been selling like hotcakes, Nyan Koi is outselling DBZ Kai and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Still won't top Sekeirei for sales though.

And Black Butler's only "extra" was the fancy box.....oh well.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:

Koihime Muso have been selling like hotcakes.

I am surprised that this is selling well considering in the modified version and using the inferior CR subs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
As much as I'd love to get the LE set, I will have to go with the regular one as I need to conserve the space on my shelf. I have only one row of shelf space left, after taking a number of single discs off and storing them on a bookshelf to make room for my boxsets, and still got a huge list of titles I want.

I really hope they drop the price for the regular edition as it doesn't make sense to pay $6 more for it. =/
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh well, guess I really will wait for the Blu-ray now, since all my money is going to Garden of Sinners right now. Very Happy
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quote
-glad I got one of the LEs while I did then-

Honestly, I'm not too surprised they are sold out already, and as fast as they did. Black Butler, I believe, was a title that was highly anticipated and I'm sure as soon as they were announced for pre-ordered - and in an limited-edition version - people snatched it up like crazy.

I hope that with the news that their LEs are selling so well that Funi will keep this up with other series (LE for A Certain Magical Index, anyone?).
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:12 am Reply with quote
Awww I too, was going to hold off on the sale. It's one of those titles in which the art and gothic apparal really appeals to me (looks like Rozen Maiden, but with men lol) but it wasn't on my priority list (oh, and I still need to get the manga some day too!) Now, I guess I'll have to... I'm a sucker for nice packaging, but it might be too late before another FUNI sale shows up on TRSI.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1