• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mega Charizard Y, X & Opening Sequences Revealed For Pokémon X/Y Games

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
Outrage does make contact. Boosted attack, large physical movepool, and Tough Claws (probably 20% boost) and X is shaping up to be a powerhouse even without Drought. He loses a 4x weakness to Rock (only x2 now), is now neutral to Water, gains an Electric resistance instead of a weakness, and quad resistances to Grass, Bug, and Fire, which all seems like a fair trade for easy to work around weaknesses to Ground and Dragon (i.e. he's probably faster than most Ground and Dragons in the game and can destroy them). Oh yea, he's also only neutral to Fairy, but Fire is neutral offensively and I doubt there will be many Fairies tanking a Flare Blitz from this guy. He can learn Iron Tail anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Outrage does make contact. Boosted attack, large physical movepool, and Tough Claws (probably 20% boost) and X is shaping up to be a powerhouse even without Drought.

Nice. So that's a base power of about 215 then. I'm thinking you could even give him Choice Specs and then just spam Outrage (or Flare Blitz although that would burn out your HP pretty quick). Gotta think he could take down even the heartiest guys in one hit and tear through 2-3 Pokemon before confusion sets in.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2