• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Problems adding staff members

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Problem #01:

I can't enter Shizuka Shimoyama as an English translator for The Walking Man and A Patch Of Dreams because he also does Japanese-Spanish translations and is thus already credited on those pages with the same job under the staff for the Spanish release. The same problem will apply for Disappearance Diary once it's updated to reflect that it is now licensed in English (proof of which is here, should anybody wish to update it).

Is there no way of entering the same person in the same role in both the English and Spanish staff lists?

---

Problem #02:

With regard to Japan As Viewed By 17 Creators, which includes works by both Japanese and French artists, do I (a) list the French artists under French staff and the Japanese artists under Japanese staff, (b) leave out the French artists altogether on the basis that their contributions aren't manga or (c) group them all together either under French staff (the book was a French project) or under Japanese staff (the project took place in Japan)?
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:15 am Reply with quote
I wrote:
The same problem will apply for Disappearance Diary once it's updated to reflect that it is now licensed in English

Talking of which...now that this has been reviewed here on ANN, wouldn't it be a good time to add the English language publisher (Fanfare) and licensor (Ponent Mon)?

An answer to the questions above would be appreciated too.

Yeah, I know - I'm a pain in the arse. Wink
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:46 am Reply with quote
Moomintroll wrote:
Talking of which...now that this has been reviewed here on ANN, wouldn't it be a good time to add the English language publisher (Fanfare) and licensor (Ponent Mon)?

Done.

Moomintroll wrote:
An answer to the questions above would be appreciated too.

Sorry, beyond my knowledge and clearance. Embarassed

Moomintroll wrote:
Yeah, I know - I'm a pain in the arse. Wink

Not at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:35 am Reply with quote
Thanks Dormcat.
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Moomintroll wrote:
Is there no way of entering the same person in the same role in both the English and Spanish staff lists?

Not to my knowledge. I've encountered the same problem while dealing with entries for the wrong language. Even when the entry is set to false, it wouldn't accept a new entry for another language.

Moomintroll wrote:
Problem #02:

With regard to Japan As Viewed By 17 Creators, which includes works by both Japanese and French artists, do I (a) list the French artists under French staff and the Japanese artists under Japanese staff, (b) leave out the French artists altogether on the basis that their contributions aren't manga or (c) group them all together either under French staff (the book was a French project) or under Japanese staff (the project took place in Japan)?

Dan ? Help ! Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:41 am Reply with quote
woelfie wrote:
Moomintroll wrote:

Not to my knowledge. I've encountered the same problem while dealing with entries for the wrong language. Even when the entry is set to false, it wouldn't accept a new entry for another language.

Is it worth entering the information as a footnote using "(other information)" or would that just make the pages messy?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:02 am Reply with quote
Moomintroll wrote:
Is it worth entering the information as a footnote using "(other information)" or would that just make the pages messy?

In fact, "Other Information" is only visible to the submitter him/herself and staff. Anime smile + sweatdrop If it's valid and important we'd move it to "Comment" section, and in this case I'd say it is qualified for doing so. However, I'm not familiar with this book, so someone who knows better please go ahead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:17 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Moomintroll wrote:

In fact, "Other Information" is only visible to the submitter him/herself and staff. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Okay - I hadn't realised that... Embarassed

Quote:
If it's valid and important we'd move it to "Comment" section, and in this case I'd say it is qualified for doing so. However, I'm not familiar with this book, so someone who knows better please go ahead.

I've added it as "other information" for Patch Of Dreams and The Walking Man (it seems he only worked on the Spanish edition of Disappearance Diary so there's no need to worry about that one after all) with both my source and a link to this thread in the source box.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1