• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Atlus Recasts Tōru Furuya in Metaphor: ReFantazio Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:09 am Reply with quote
Besides video games and Cucuruz Doan's Island what even was the last Gundam anime Amuro was in?
GNPixie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:49 am Reply with quote
Remus973 wrote:
Wow, this man's career is going down the toilet. I wouldn't be surprised if they recast the voice of Amuro Ray in the next Super Robot Wars game.

Unlikely given they already have a huge voice archive. SRW doesn't recast unless they absolutely have to; see ZZ still using Honda's lines for Puru despite her having a replacemenť for years.

Outside of boss lines, Amuro hasn't gotten new lines since Z1 too. Plus its not like SRW cares about that stuff; see Sakurai still doing McGillis and Suzaku lines for DD when his stuff blew up; all of the Suzaku VA in Lost Stories too.
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Besides video games and Cucuruz Doan's Island what even was the last Gundam anime Amuro was in?

I think Amuro has a minicameo in Hathaway's first movie as he is heard like a voice from space or something that tries to talk with the protagonist. Kinda like at typical Newtype scene similar to deaths or why Amuro was so afraid of going back to space in Zeta
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:19 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Or do drugs, engage in financial fraud, or plagiarize other people’s work Razz

"Ha ha, I'm gonna make a tasteless, Joss Whedon quip making light about domestic abuse and emotional manipulation, reducing the weight of the problem! I'm so clever!"

I have nothing more to say. Keep that cynical crap to yourself.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:25 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Atlus had not previously announced which character or role Furuya would be playing in the game.

Rafael, Atlus didn't announce it, but they showed his character talking in the release date trailer back in April at the beginning. He's the blond hair guy with horns looking out the window. He's clearly an important character in the story. Also, in the reveal trailer, Furuya's character was the first person to talk. This is ironic or would you call it fate. Metaphor was revealed on June 11, 2023 at the Xbox Showcase (June 12 at 2 AM in Japan due to time zones). Furuya's character was the 1st person to talk. Then 1 year later on June 11, Atlus announce that he's being replaced. Ain't that something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3