• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Da Capo 5 Visual Novel's Opening Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:30 am Reply with quote
I've always had a fondness for Da Capo so I'm glad to see the series going. The cast looks pretty stacked.

And of course there's a Shirakawa in there. And Suginami, as always.

I'm just a little bummed that they stopped making anime adaptions after 3 (and isn't 3 the only game to be licensed and released in English?), although I guess they don't really do Visual Novel adaptions as much as before.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:15 am Reply with quote
Has Sakura stopped appearing after DCIII?
JustMonika

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:30 am Reply with quote
Anyone know where I can buy all the previous visual novels in English? I checked MangaGamer, Jastusa and Denpasoft to no avail.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:16 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
(and isn't 3 the only game to be licensed and released in English?)

No, the first two games were also licensed and released in English. Da Capo 3 is just the only one that had an all-ages version released in English, as well as the only one released on Steam.
tomdean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:03 pm Reply with quote
all ages only? no adult version this time? shame if that was true
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:39 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
No, the first two games were also licensed and released in English. Da Capo 3 is just the only one that had an all-ages version released in English, as well as the only one released on Steam.

Mangagamer released the 18+ version (Da Capo 3 R X-Rated) on their site.

tomdean wrote:
all ages only? no adult version this time? shame if that was true

Da Capo 4 was all-ages at first too, the 18+ version (D.C.4 ~Da Capo 4~ Plus Harmony) was released two years later.

JustMonika wrote:
Anyone know where I can buy all the previous visual novels in English? I checked MangaGamer, Jastusa and Denpasoft to no avail.

Mangagamer has all three games, but you have to specifically enter the adult section, you can find the link on the sidebar on their site.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
Has Sakura stopped appearing after DCIII?

From what I understand, III pretty much concluded her story. (Due to reasons I still haven't finished that game despite having played 4 in its entirety.)
She does technically appear in 4, but her involvement is essentially non-existent... and the game is incredibly vague on if it's even actually her or not.

MFrontier wrote:
I'm just a little bummed that they stopped making anime adaptions after 3 (and isn't 3 the only game to be licensed and released in English?), although I guess they don't really do Visual Novel adaptions as much as before.

On one hand I agree. On the other, I feel like the anime adaptations got progressively worse.
1: Pretty good, though it made a lot of changes from the game and short-changed some of the characters pretty badly.
2: Suffered from a preposterous case of making the protagonist so much of a blank slate that he actively detracted from any scenes he was in.
3: Literally only adapted the prologue and was basically nothing but fanservice.

Part of me dreads what an adaptation of 4 would be like if that trend continued... Though a properly done adaptation could honestly be really interesting because that game's story is... kinda bonkers not gonna lie.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:59 am Reply with quote
Lord Starfish wrote:

On one hand I agree. On the other, I feel like the anime adaptations got progressively worse.
1: Pretty good, though it made a lot of changes from the game and short-changed some of the characters pretty badly.
2: Suffered from a preposterous case of making the protagonist so much of a blank slate that he actively detracted from any scenes he was in.
3: Literally only adapted the prologue and was basically nothing but fanservice.

Part of me dreads what an adaptation of 4 would be like if that trend continued... Though a properly done adaptation could honestly be really interesting because that game's story is... kinda bonkers not gonna lie.

I personlly liked DCII adaptation the most despite unresolved romantic plot. But as you can guess, Sakura was my favourite heroine, and this one had her not on the antagonist or very side character side, so I may be biased (also one of the main heroines was voiced by my favourite seiyuu there).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1