• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] Holiday Albums

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:58 am Reply with quote
BERSERK EVA wrote:
I don't know if "My December" by Linkin Park counts but there is an amv with clips of the Love Hina X-Mas Special and it goes very well with it.

Not quite, but that's still a pretty sweet AMV.

Hands down, my favorite "Christmas" music is The Nutcracker Suite from Tchaikovski. We always bust it out during the holidays, so it reminds me of family and good times.

A local station here plays a bunch of alt-rock X-mas tunes on Christmas Day. My favorite is probably "Little Drummer Boy" by Bad Religion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:44 am Reply with quote
I dunno that I have a fav album, but some of the Christmas stuff that I like:

-Silent Hill (Thomas Howard)... which I only learned from DDR/Stepmania Anime smile;

-Snoopy & The Red Baron Christmas (3rd in the Snoopy & the Red Baron series)

-Joy to the World

-The Little Drummer Boy

I like Christmas anime stuff, but most of the music is either non-distinctive or just retreads of American/European Christmas carols.
trigunner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I don't listen to Christmas albums all that often. I do however have a Japanese "traditional" Christmas CD I got for 350 yen. It's alwful. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Carol Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
My family has a rather...interesting taste in Christmas music. A few years ago, we went on this downloading spree for odd comedy Christmas songs, parodies (Black Sabbath's "Iron Man," only..."I. AM. SANTA. CLAUS!"), and generally anything..."off kilter" (as in KoRn doing "Jingle Bells"), and burned it all to CD. Funny stuff.

I know what C.D. that's on! I have it somewhere, it includes another classic of Teddy the Red-nosed Senator and Walking 'Round in Women's Underwear.

Nagisa wrote:
On a more serious note, I'm loving what I'm hearing of that...Trans-Siberian Orchestra? Is that what they're called? I need to track down some of their CDs.

THEY ARE AWSOME! The band/choir people got a chance to listen to them talk! They are so cool! My one friend got the drummer's drumsticks.

Nagisa wrote:
EDIT: Oh yeah! And the barking dogs doing "Jngle Bells"...can't beat that (there's also a version with kittens Shocked ). And Porky Pig doing "Blue Christmas." Laughing

The barking dog one is also cool, my dog, Roxy, tried to sing along. Seriously.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:47 am Reply with quote
The South Park Chirstmas Album, the cat singing album, and Elvis Holiday Album (I can't remeber the name off the top of my mind.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Carol Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:38 pm Reply with quote
You do know evil is dead. Surprised

Random Voice: Nah, Elvis isn't dead, he just went home. Very Happy

Back onto topic, another good Christmas album is Manheim Steamroller (sorry if I spelled that wrong), it makes Christmas music intersting. Angels We Have Heard On High is very nice, and the marching band I'm in played that for the Christmas parade. Other then the Christmas Parody c.d., M.S. and TSO, there really isn't that much Christmas music.

[Edit: I added more on topic stuff! Ha! -Carol]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:48 am Reply with quote
Carol Maxwell wrote:
You do know evil is dead. Surprised

Random Voice: Nah, Elvis isn't dead, he just went home. Very Happy
[/size]

Got to love the classic stuff (Currently listening to a collection of Rat Pack Chirstmas songs.)

Ah, I love the Tenchi Muyo! Smile Chistmas Album.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:51 am Reply with quote
Give me the sailor moon christmas soundtracks any winter! Laughing Those are just too great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2