• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JP version of Yuki Kajiura Fiction diffrent from us? WTF!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Once agien we got screwed.
3 tracks not on the US edition but are on the Japanese Version well I guess i got to import it now.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VICL-61137

1 key of the twilight
2 cynical world
3 fake wings
4 fiction
5 vanity
6 red rose (Only Japanese edition)
7 canta per me
8 zodiacal sign
9 awakening
10 open your heart
11 winter
12 salva nos
13 lullaby (Only Japanese edition)
14 echo (Only Japanese edition)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:41 am Reply with quote
...there was a US version? Confused As in, a version that didn't require disgustingly bloated import charges?

This is surprising to say the very least. Since...fanfare with Japanese music is a painfully small market in America, and given how the American music industry is almost purely money-driven, one would expect them to completely toss Japanese music to the side as "unprofitable" and thus not worth licensing and bringing over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:22 am Reply with quote
They've always done that with a lot of domestic CD releases. For example, the Princess Mononoke soundtrack is missing a track. A lot of times, it's an inducement for people to buy the import CD (or for the Japanese market to buy the Japanese version). With the cost of living and currency exchange, it's sometimes cheaper for them to buy US domestics instead of Japanese CDs, so this is just another factor keeping it in their market.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:33 am Reply with quote
i've had it on mp3 for awhile, those two extra songs suck really bad. it's really not worth the trouble.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Cross Importation is said to be a major problem in Japan with CDs and DVDs.

With the current prices as they are in Japan, it is usually cheaper to buy the products from an American distributor and then have them shipped across the Pacific. Leaving out a few tracks is an incentive for the Japanese to buy local.

I'm just worried about what will be left off of the FLCL soundtrack when it hits here next year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1