• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Does anyone remember Invasion America?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueRaven12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:40 pm Reply with quote
It was an anime inspired American cartoon that aired back a longgg time ago back in the 90s. It showed first on UPN and then moved to Kids WB (at least in New England). As a kid I loved the show and made sure I watched whenever it came on. Strangely, both UPN and WB aired only "Book I" of Invasion America and Book I's ending definitely meant there was a Book II and maybe a III.

Does anyone know what happened to it after Book I ended on WB? Did it move to Cartoon Network after that?
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I remember watching Invasion America. It was pretty good. In my area it was only on WB, first as a hour long show, and then it was edited to a half hour version to show on saturday mornings. There were plans to continue after book 1, but I heard that it didn't do as well as they expected and canned it.
Anlushac11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Cool

I used to have it on VHS tape. And yes what I heard it did so badly the rest of the series was cancelled. It was premiered as the first major American anime. It was OK. The story wasnt bad and the CGI stuff was good but the hand drawn stuff was disgusting.
BlueRaven12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info!
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:46 am Reply with quote
I've got the whole series from it's first run. It wasn't that loooong ago. I believe it was around 1997 or so. The show reminded me more of American animation somewhere between Titan AE and those WB/DC cartoons. Not anywhere as cool as HBO's Spawn IMO.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1