• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bebop and Inuyasha are Back!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pitargo Nats

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Just visited the Adult Swim boards and saw that Bebop will be back on the 17th (last show of the AS block and Inuyasha will be back the 25th (airs at midnight) with new episodes.
FinalFantasy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. Currently the 12:00 slot is held by FCLC, which is only 6 episodes so after they go through it, twice I think, then it goes back to Inu Yasha (which I also want to start watching, but haven't seen the seasons before).
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Inu Yasha is kind old news, but I still wonder, why. Why bring back Cowboy Bebop. My head hurts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
arxane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Inu Yasha is kind old news, but I still wonder, why. Why bring back Cowboy Bebop. My head hurts.

Because people complain that they like reruns.
Delthayre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:23 am Reply with quote
Queerly enough, I'm actually in the modd to watch Cowboy Bebop througha again.

However, I'm really not that interested in new Inuyasha, I'll probably watch it nonetheless, it's a decent series.

Last edited by Delthayre on Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
FinalFantasy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:30 am Reply with quote
Actually, I'm happy that they're starting from episode 1 with Bebop because I haven't really watched the series (just half of an episode) so this way I can say I've seen it.

Too bad I haven't seen the episodes of Inu Yasha before these new ones... I would probably like the series if there's fighting.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:48 pm Reply with quote
FinalFantasy wrote:

Too bad I haven't seen the episodes of Inu Yasha before these new ones... I would probably like the series if there's fighting.

Fear not, they rerun 1-36 sooner or later. There is alot of fighting in the series, it kind of gets to the point where it's Dragonball Z-ish at times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ChichiriMuyo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, I wouldnt care much if they tacked CB onto the end of AS and added an extra half hour, but since it seems they are taking out something I have not seen to completion (Lupin III, which I haven't seen all the episodes they have aired, let alone the hundred or so they haven't aired yet), I dont like it. CB is great and all, but I've seen it, and anyone who has seen it and likes it that much should just buy it already. For the few who haven't seen CB it is a good opportunity, but why the heck didn't they watch it the first ten times it was shown all the way through?
FinalFantasy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:09 pm Reply with quote
ChichiriMuyo wrote:
For the few who haven't seen CB it is a good opportunity, but why the heck didn't they watch it the first ten times it was shown all the way through?

Because I didn't know that it was a good anime because I was still hooked on Dragon Ball Z (which is still cool but I like other anime now too).

It's still weird to see FLCL on Adult Swim when it's going to be replaced by Inu Yasha so fast. I know it's a short series, but you'd think they'd add an extra half hour to Adult Swim in order to show this then remove the hour after shown once or twice.
monkeyDluffy4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:15 pm Reply with quote
FinalFantasy wrote:
It's still weird to see FLCL on Adult Swim when it's going to be replaced by Inu Yasha so fast. I know it's a short series, but you'd think they'd add an extra half hour to Adult Swim in order to show this then remove the hour after shown once or twice.

No Way, man! Cartoon Network can't possibly give up half an hour which could have been GI Joe, Codename: Kids Next Door, or Batman & Superman for quality programming, even if it is for only 2-3 weeks! (Sorry if I insulted anybody who likes those shows) Cartoon Network just won't give up anymore time for anime. Which sucks royally.

~Ore wa Monkey D. Luffy! Kaizoku-oh ni naru otokko!~
arxane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:41 pm Reply with quote
monkeyDluffy4 wrote:
FinalFantasy wrote:

No Way, man! Cartoon Network can't possibly give up half an hour which could have been GI Joe, Codename: Kids Next Door, or Batman & Superman for quality programming, even if it is for only 2-3 weeks! (Sorry if I insulted anybody who likes those shows) Cartoon Network just won't give up anymore time for anime. Which sucks royally.

~Ore wa Monkey D. Luffy! Kaizoku-oh ni naru otokko!~

Actually, Adult Swim can't air earlier than it's airing now. They have to air it late at night because the majority of the network's programming is aimed at children. The only other option is to add an extra hour at the end of Adult Swim, which I'm sure many people will be staying up to watch.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:52 pm Reply with quote
why don't they just run another hour? no one's gonna care if they miss Tom & Jerry or any of that stupid crap.
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:17 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
why don't they just run another hour? no one's gonna care if they miss Tom & Jerry or any of that stupid crap.

Then you haven't been on the internet long enough.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:48 pm Reply with quote
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
v1cious wrote:

Then you haven't been on the internet long enough.

what do you mean?
molloaggie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 pm Reply with quote
My kids LOVE Tom and Jerry! Save Tom and Jerry!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2