• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nintendo Confirms Larger 3DS, DLC in New Super Mario Bros. 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
Dessa wrote:
I'm surprised that ANN isn't mentioning that the 3DSXL does not come with an AC adapter (source: Bulbanews, from the official video).

It doesn't come with an AC adapter in Japan. In the US it still will. http://kotaku.com/5920420/nintendo-announces-a-new-bigger-3ds Though I guess I don't know where you live, so maybe that's still an issue.

Guess shows a bit of difference between Japanese and American consumers, who won't stand being nickel-and-dimed. Laughing
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, Not sure what I think about Namco/Bandai helping with the next Smash Bros game. I'm sure it'll still be good, but admitingly my expectations are lowered abit. Also guess this kills my dream of having ol Megaman Guest start in the game like Sonic & Snake did in Brawl, oh well.

But yeah, kind of wish I had held out on getting a 3DS since there releasing bigger ones now, meh oh well no harm in having 2 I guess. Laughing
corinthian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
As a person who just brought a 3DS two weeks ago (I'm a sucker for purple), I gotta say "ah, *mild explitive*" Maybe they'll do another batch of free stuff for current 3DS users, like they did for early 3DS buyers when they first lowered the price on the system.
ryne11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Good thing I waited to buy one. Makes me happy now
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Nope, I'll wait for the super-sized one to come out. Wink
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather have one that actually fits in my pocket.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote
corinthian wrote:
As a person who just brought a 3DS two weeks ago (I'm a sucker for purple), I gotta say "ah, *mild explitive*"

Many shops have a 30-day return policy.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
corinthian wrote:
As a person who just brought a 3DS two weeks ago (I'm a sucker for purple), I gotta say "ah, *mild explitive*"

If the item's been opened and used at all, the reselling contract that a retailer (or in the case of Nintendo, "a reseller") has with Nintendo that even gives them the right to sell Nintendo hardware prevents the reseller from being able to return the item at all, which becomes a breach of contract if done so.

A shop could get in trouble with Nintendo if they're found out in doing such a thing. For the record and for a juxtaposition, Apple has virtually the same return policy with its resellers.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:07 am Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
corinthian wrote:

If the item's been opened and used at all, the reselling contract that a retailer (or in the case of Nintendo, "a reseller") has with Nintendo that even gives them the right to sell Nintendo hardware prevents the reseller from being able to return the item at all, which becomes a breach of contract if done so.

A shop could get in trouble with Nintendo if they're found out in doing such a thing. For the record and for a juxtaposition, Apple has virtually the same return policy with its resellers.

Well, I've returned opened and used consoles within 30 days before, no problem. The shop just takes it back and, if it's working fine, slaps a "returned" price tag on it with a discounted price. I've also bought used discounted consoles too, after I've checked that it's working fine**, from other people who returned theirs. Many people make returns just because they made a mistake purchase, with the consoles just opened but hardly used and still perfectly working.

(** And if it later turns out not to be working, I have 30 days to return it also.)
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quote
I'll wait for better colors. I was really hoping for silver to be one of the choices.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
The 3DS XL is incredibly ugly, and pointless. But Nintendo loves to release their rehashes so gullible customers will buy every single one of them.

Not me.

Also New Super Mario Bros. 2 will have DLC? Let me guess - it's paid DLC. Meaning that now not only can Nintendo charge you for the same thing on two different consoles, they can also charge you for more of the same in one individual game.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:55 am Reply with quote
Makes me wonder if the Namco side (Soul Calibur, Tekken) is primarily developing Smash Bros and not Bandai (every anime fighter you can possibly think of).
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
corinthian wrote:

Well, I've returned opened and used consoles within 30 days before, no problem. The shop just takes it back and, if it's working fine, slaps a "returned" price tag on it with a discounted price. I've also bought used discounted consoles too, after I've checked that it's working fine**, from other people who returned theirs. Many people make returns just because they made a mistake purchase, with the consoles just opened but hardly used and still perfectly working.

(** And if it later turns out not to be working, I have 30 days to return it also.)

It really depends on the store. Most major chains, like Best Buy, Walmart, and Target are forbidden from selling open or used consoles. They can take returns on them, however, the open consoles are shipped back to Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony who then refurbish and resale them if possible. They also may reship them to some retailers, like select Best Buys, who will sell the refurbished units.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote
Great news for me considering I don't always buy what comes out. I like to wait a little to see what the next system can do and make sure there isn't may more changes. But in a way I do hate them doing this. I'm sure there is a reason why but I kind of hate how companies bait people and then after a couple of months come out with a new model. As much as I love the GBA SP I feel it was a disaster mainly because they did away with certain features just to pool more money. But I am looking to purchase a 3DS at some point.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Ah Nintendo, I had a feeling you were going to do this after a price drop last year with the original 3DS. I've been a gamer long enough to know, if you wait around, eventually within a year or two, a "bigger" and "better" handheld console is likely to appear. The days of a small hand held devices is over it seems though. Probably has been though for years.

But just because an item is bigger, doesn't mean it's better and even worth buying on that fact alone. I am not going to buy one though. Even if I didn't own a Nintendo DSI XL, the price is a factor, as is the the fact the milliampere-hour, also known as mAh is much higher on my Nintendo DSI XL than the 3DS and even this new version of the 3DS.

Now Nintendo would receive money from me if they re-released some older RPG games from me in the 90's such as Earthbound and even some other games, but the chance of that happening is very slim to none.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2