• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tenjo Tenge

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Ok I know that there is a huge problem with edits and such in the manga but what about the anime. how worth watching is it?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Try looking at this thread.

I like it so far. I can tell you that the first volume of the DVD is almost the same as volume one of the (uncut) manga (which is all I've read for now), aside from the removal of nudity and attempted rape, but I think it's good for what they're allowed to animate.

Great art (though, not as good as the manga) and animation. The dubbing is also very good, in my opinion, and if fighting anime with fanservice are your thing, you'll enjoy it.
Neclord516

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I have watched the whole series and I would definitely recommend watching it. The fight scenes are very well done and the character development is quite good. The only part that bothers me a little is the huge flashback in the middle of the series. I would definitely go watch it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I've never seen it myself but if you read the reviews I think it said they were uncut...

but anime is usually cleaned down a bit when it's made anyways
-gecko-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:40 am Reply with quote
I just finished the first DVD and I can say that this anime is excellent. I can only compare it to Ikki Tousen, but for martial arts anime, unless it's a period piece, this has to be tops.

I came away from the first two episodes with a kind of rapture. Was it the idiocy of the main character? His disgustingly insane luck or stupid ballsiness? The uber-cute Aya form and transformation which envigorated my fanservice zeal?

It's really hard to describe and that, after all, is the overiding purpose of great anime to the simple mind; it leaves you speechless... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1