• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Related Anime Labeled incorrectly?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I was looking at the Haruka manga, and I noticed that ~Ajisai Yumegatari~ and the Haruka 2 OAV are listed as "adaptations", and I'm questioning this.

~Ajisai Yumegatari~ is a stand-alone story that is not in the manga (although both are based off of the same game), and the manga, except for a couple of individual chapters, is based off of the first game, not the second (which would negate the Haruka 2 OAV being an adaptation as well).

The ~Hachiyou Shou~ OAV and ~Mai Hitoyo~ are both listed as sequels after the -Beyond the Stream of Time-, which is not listed as anything.

I would suggest listing -Beyond the Stream of Time- as an adaptation (which it is), and simply leaving off the label on the first two, as they have the same base, but are not directly related to the manga itself.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quote
For future reference, there is a "How to submit 'Related Anime'" thread linked from the "Announcement: IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CONTRIBUTORS" thread. Why it is not stickied, I don't know. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1