• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
YeLLOW Generation

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Full_Metal1923

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to bring to your attention the sudden disappearence of the Family name (Shiruringu) of the members of YeLLOW Generation. I'd also like to suggest that someone put in the members' names that was recently confirmed in this thread - including their birth dates. I would've liked to do this myself but I'm not sure how to get all three names in there.

Here's their page so you can check for yourself, because it's also odd that when you type their name, and the search results pop up. It still shows the Family name (in kanji), in the little description below the title of the result.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Full_Metal1923 wrote:
I'd like to bring to your attention the sudden disappearence of the Family name (Shiruringu) of the members of YeLLOW Generation.

Because it is

1) not a valid family name, as all three members have different family names
2) not written in kanji/kana
3) family names are not applicable to groups
4) the submitter did not provide any source info to prove this "family name" to be true or existing
5) Google search result shows that ANN and a Hungarian anime website copying ANN's info are the only two websites showing "Shiruringu" as the "family name" of YeLLOW Generation

Full_Metal1923 wrote:
Here's their page so you can check for yourself, because it's also odd that when you type their name, and the search results pop up. It still shows the Family name (in kanji), in the little description below the title of the result.

It's called Google's cache.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Full_Metal1923

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Okay, that all makes sense - I had thought about that myself (in regards to the name not being in kanji). Anyways, the link provided does include at least two of the members' names. So, shouldn't we add that to the page? Along with the third, which I'm sure is probably listed on their website (I can't read it though).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1