• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Was SES in America?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
molloaggie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Howdy!

I know of this one Japanese group called SES that does a beautiful song called Dreams Come True. In fact, they did both a Japanese version and an English version. Did they every try to make it in America or release an all English CD? Is this the only song they do in English?

If anybody knows, please tell!
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:22 pm Reply with quote
SES is actually a Korean group, but they've released several CDs in Japan. I don't believe they have any domestic releases, nor any all-English albums.

If you're looking for "Dreams Come True," check out this CD.

EDIT: Guh, that one's out of stock. Sorry! Try this one instead.

I've also been told that SES's Dreams Come True was on the US release of "some Swan Lake cartoon." You might want to look into that...

-Jonathan
Zoe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:33 pm Reply with quote
There is an English version of the song, but not by SES. Unfortunately I can't remember who did it.
molloaggie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:45 pm Reply with quote
You're serious!?!? The English version of Dreams Come True was not done by SES? Hmm... This I've never heard. Please try hard to remember!

My sister is trying to convince her friend to program that song so we can sing it at the kareoke bar in town.
Zoe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I'll try, but it's hard running a search on "dreams come true" x_X

I think the singer was a Eurobeat singer, if that's any help.
anime_girl_jen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:59 am Reply with quote
Yeh, SES did sing the english version. I've found evidence of it on animelyrics.com which lists them as the singer. I have an mp3 of both the versions of the song, and they sound pretty similar. Sure they sound a little different, but you would probably sound different too if you were singing in another language.

I love the song though, regardless of who sings it. But I sure hope it really is SES.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I actually found an SES CD at my local thrift store. I was going to pick it up until I opened it and saw that someone had replaced it with Keith Sweat. Man, that's just *cruel*.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
bugbeak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Umm...SES did NOT do the english version of Dreams Come True. The actual singer is Nylon Beat, a Finnish group, and the song is called "Like a Fool".

You are right, the voices sound very similar.[/url]
molloaggie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I found the Nylon Beat cd titled Nylon Moon for $30+ dollars as an import cd on amazon.com. Mucho dinero! But I did find their song "Like A Fool" for download and, yup, it was the English version of "Dreams Come True".

So this is how it turns out: A Korean group sings a song in Japanese. A Finnish group picks it up and sings it on their English-only album. Small world.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1