• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Curse You Bandai Store

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:51 pm Reply with quote
It looks like they've removed Canada as a shipping option on their store Sad Tried to pre-order Gundam Unicron vol 3 and K-On! and it would not let me check out as Canada no longer appears in the country drop box. Hopefully they fix this as I've used their store in the past and had a good experience every time, not to mention I would much rather buy Unicorn off their store as it's currently the cheapest price online for it.

As a sidenote does anyone else find it comical that they point to Amazon Japan's listings for Unicorn?

http://store.bandai-ent.com/category_s/121.htm

You would want to order it directly from Japan and pay almost double why exactly? Rolling Eyes
jsc315

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Because Bandai is just completely backwards and has no idea what even they themselves are attempting to do. There really is no rhyme or reason for what Bandai does they just do it.

With that said That makes no sense. Shipping to Canada or US is just bout the same for any business and both are in the R1 area. That's Bandai for you though. Maybe there new plan is just not to make any money from Canada anymore? Who knows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote
They bloody better still ship to Canada: I've had a pre-order of 5 Centimeters Per Second with them since last September. Not that that seems to be coming out any time soon (it was supposed to be available in October of 2010). I don't blame Bandai Store for that, however, since they are just the retailer. It's actually Crunchyroll that is the distributor for the title.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I've never actually ordered anything from their store myself. Still, it's annoying to me that they would just leave out our entire country.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Man, Canada gets shafted so hard all the time. It's bad enough your shipping is more and that you can't view streams, but now you can't even buy from a certain store. Canada might as well be redrawn as R1.5, since no one in the US really cares about it.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, leafies. Confused If it makes you feel any better, that store wasn't anything special anyway.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
They bloody better still ship to Canada: I've had a pre-order of 5 Centimeters Per Second with them since last September. Not that that seems to be coming out any time soon (it was supposed to be available in October of 2010). I don't blame Bandai Store for that, however, since they are just the retailer. It's actually Crunchyroll that is the distributor for the title.

They will honor any orders prior to the change. I had a big hissy fit with them when they stopped taking Amex. They charged it for my DRRR!! and R.O.D orders, but wouldn't take it for anything placed past those. Won't be shopping there anymore hehehe Very Happy

Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Sorry, leafies. Confused If it makes you feel any better, that store wasn't anything special anyway.

B Points Sad TSRI offers no discounts for Aniplex products...
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I never order from them. They are way too expensive. But it does suck for the people who do buy from them.

@The King of Harts - It's so true. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
I'm glad I never order from them. They are way too expensive. But it does suck for the people who do buy from them.

@The King of Harts - It's so true. Anime cry

Prices seem fine to me, by far the cheapest place to order Gundam Unicorn. I ordered from them a couple of times last year and had a very good experience, cheap shipping, fast, and no customs charges. I contacted them about it so we'll see if this was just an oversight or what because I would still like to order from them instead of Rightstuf (which I need to build up $150 to get free shipping and will get dinged for sure on customs).

Guess there's not enough people in the Toronto area around here to organize a group buy for Unicorn if they don't?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, I just discovered a new reason to hate the Bandai Store. I noticed in another thread that there is finally a new release date for 5 Centimeters Per Second of Feb. 22. I had pre-ordered that title from the Bandai Store back on Sept. 11 of last year. So I check my account status: absolutely no record of my pre-order. Thanks, douche-bags! I hope they aren't the only place offering it because even if they did still mail to Canada I don't want anything to do with these dipshits.
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, I just discovered a new reason to hate the Bandai Store. I noticed in another thread that there is finally a new release date for 5 Centimeters Per Second of Feb. 22. I had pre-ordered that title from the Bandai Store back on Sept. 11 of last year. So I check my account status: absolutely no record of my pre-order. Thanks, douche-bags! I hope they aren't the only place offering it because even if they did still mail to Canada I don't want anything to do with these dipshits.

Okay, thank you so much for alerting me of this issue. My order has been cancelled, as well. I hope they notice this soon. Too bad it's a weekend...
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote
The Bandai store has always been a poor man's RightStuf, in my opinion. Where, ironically, you were expected to pay more for less. ...With service that counts for shit to boot.

...Ok, here's a question: People actually buy stuff from Bandai's store!? ...Why? There are better ways to punish yourself. D:

I don't know how it happened exactly, but Bandai went from being a kickass distributor to even dumber than Viz or Media Blasters. These days, they have no idea what they're doing with anything. This store is just a small ripple. How does that happen? Did Bobby Kotick secretly buy them out?
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:53 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

They will honor any orders prior to the change. I had a big hissy fit with them when they stopped taking Amex. They charged it for my DRRR!! and R.O.D orders, but wouldn't take it for anything placed past those. Won't be shopping there anymore hehehe Very Happy

Sanosuke_Inara wrote:

B Points Sad TSRI offers no discounts for Aniplex products...

I think it'd be best if no one buys from Bandai's store, at least RightStuf was good enough to show it in my order that they canceled something I bought because they removed it from their site.
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:20 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

...Ok, here's a question: People actually buy stuff from Bandai's store!? ...Why? There are better ways to punish yourself. D:

mglittlerobin wrote:

I think it'd be best if no one buys from Bandai's store, at least RightStuf was good enough to show it in my order that they canceled something I bought because they removed it from their site.

I agree with both of you. It's just that only the Bandai store is offering 5cm Per Second right now... Sad
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote
Compromise. =_=;;

It isn't the only good anime movie out there... Dealing with Bandai's crap for it alone isn't worth it.

...I dunno, wait until King of Thorn gets localized. You'll relish that one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4