• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action One Piece Season 2 Video Teases Chopper's Appearance

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soul_Punisher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:53 am Reply with quote
Eew. No thanks. Unless they want to take weird the weird disney Grogu route like star wars which either way it's looking awkward no matter how it turns out.
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:36 am Reply with quote
Soul_Punisher wrote:
Eew. No thanks. Unless they want to take weird the weird disney Grogu route like star wars which either way it's looking awkward no matter how it turns out.

You got all that from a 5 second tease that only showed the character’s backside?….

Anyway, excited for the new castings, and it’ll be interesting to see how Chopper is utilised within the team, as I imagine (though I could be wrong) that it will be quite costly to have a fully cgi character on screen all the time (unless Netflix has thrown their full weight behind the series and given them all the support they need).
Glordit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:10 am Reply with quote
This would be hilarious if it ends up like the first Sonic films initial reveal of Sonic.
Matros

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:07 am Reply with quote
Soul_Punisher wrote:

Jumping to conclusions and crying about OPLA again? Your shtick is getting tiring.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:38 am Reply with quote
So Chopper will be CG, which I get, though it makes me wonder how much they'll have to write around him because of obvious CG costs.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:53 am Reply with quote
I think he's a puppet?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1