• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
help concerning Full moon wo sagashite!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ran_chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:14 am Reply with quote
hi. im just wondering if anyone knows if Full Moon Wo Sagashite is going to be licensed?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
msi435

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:59 am Reply with quote
I'm sure it will be... Eventually...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ran_chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:25 am Reply with quote
thanks but how do you think they'll do the singing i mean it would be weird if they had an english person talking and then randomly a japanese person singing?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:26 am Reply with quote
True... maybe they just won't dub the songs then. They tend not to translate well anyway.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Ramadahl wrote:
True... maybe they just won't dub the songs then. They tend not to translate well anyway.

That's what I believe as well. . . why dub a song that is already very well made? That wouldnt make sense!
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:41 pm Reply with quote
The manga's licensed, so the anime is sure to follow. It has a better chance than Tanemura's other big anime series since it's still pretty new.

Did they dub the songs in Fancy Lala? If so, I'd say Full Moon would probably be the same. Both of them have singing/music as a major aspect, so...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Himeno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I think the anime might get license & probably leave the songs alone...There's like 52 episodes & there's like 3 or more different songs to translate so they might not dubb it. Or so I hope not.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Nirvana wrote:
why dub a song that is already very well made? That wouldnt make sense!

Ask Bandai. They apparently found it necessary to swap out Rie Tanaka's excellent contributions to Gundam SEED for what is warbling crap in comparison, so I'm sure they could give you a "good" reason for pulling stuff like that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:36 pm Reply with quote
C'mon FUNimation! Surprised

Hey, I actually liked the way they dubbed the songs (Fruits Basket especially).
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
C'mon FUNimation! Surprised

Hey, I actually liked the way they dubbed the songs (Fruits Basket especially).

Yeah, but that's opening and ending songs. While I agree they did do a good job with them, other companies have done the same thing with openings and closings too (AnimeWorks with Rayearth TV). For actual insert songs, most anime tend to just leave them alone. Examples being in Love Hina when everyone sings Sakura Saku at the beach or when Naru has her little idol stint. But actually, in Rayearth 2 there's an episode where Fuu is singing, and they dubbed it. o_O So ... who knows? ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, Funimation is dubbing Kodomo no omocha, and from what I'd heard, Kodocha had been considered one of the most undubbable series out there. But they said the same thing about Excel Saga and Azumanga Daioh, so maybe Full Moon's time will come, someday.
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote
I don't know if they will dub the songs, and I'm not sure what I'd prefer. My friend lent me a few episodes, and to be honest, some of the songs were horrible. The opening theme song made my eyes water, along with the animation. I liked the ending theme song's tune as well as the songs Full Moon sings, but the actual singing job wasn't that great. At least get someone who can sing moderately high notes to dub some of the songs, I say. What I'm trying to say is, the notes were sung flat.
ran_chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:58 am Reply with quote
[quote=".Sy"] My friend lent me a few episodes, and to be honest, some of the songs were horrible. The opening theme song made my eyes water, along with the animation. I liked the ending theme song's tune as well as the songs Full Moon sings, but the actual singing job wasn't that great. quote]

i completely disagree!! i love the first opening theme song (i love you by the scanty) i especially loved the part where mitsuki, takuto and meroko dance that is such a cool song!. and the person who does the singing for full moon is also excellent and the songs are not sung bad! the person who sings them is in a real band! (the band name is changing my life) and she sings really well! i love her singing itz really good!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1