• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inuyasha Chat

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelightomen2004

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:50 am Reply with quote
I just made this topic because all the others are about ghost in the shell and others and I didn't see anything about Inuyasha!: Shocked So, ........ hows all the inuyasha fans doing? Does anybody know what the 3rd movie is about, or the 4th, mayby I am getting ahead of myself!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Well there isn't really a whole lot to discuss about Inu Yasha in the first place.

Dog hanyou gets stuck to a tree, unstuck from a tree, looks for pieces of a magical jewel, fights hordes of monsters and sees his dead lover back from the grave, and spoiler[eventually NEVER completes his journey.]

What would've been a great story was good at some parts but watered down by so much filler isn't exactly worth discussing.

GitS: SAC is a more involving and requires a little more thought and is probably why more people talk about it.

Not that I dislike IY by any means, but in my personal opinion, the series as a whole is too flip-flop and the crappy ending doesn't help it.

As for movie 3, it's basically a story about this demon that use to a be an enemy of IY and Sesshoumaru's father. In the movie he comes back in the form of a sword that has his spirit attached to it and after a few hundred years of being sealed away, people want to use it for its powers.

Obviously, the demon's spirit still holds a grudge and goes after the two brothers, but in between you see a more in depth look at the past of IY and Sesshy's parents and a little of what the two brothers experienced as they grew up as well.

The movie itself is much more action paced than the first two and it's my favorite one out of the 3. A lot of fans will probably like it too once it officially hits U.S. shelves.

Last edited by Tony K. on Mon May 16, 2005 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Tony, snarking on kids and their tastes is not good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Aaron White wrote:

Snarking Shocked? On the contrary, I was just trying to point out the difference between IY and GitS: SAC. I already said I like IY to a degree, aside from the occassional filler and bad ending.

I also tried giving a brief synopsis of movie 3 (which he/she asked for). I'm not trying to talk down to this person or anything of the sort. Guess I should start using obscene amounts of emoticons again so people don't misunderstand me... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
inuyasha1357

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Whats up Tony K.
Have you heard about Adult Swim casting
new episodes on the 28th.
Im so excited!!

C'ya later
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:41 am Reply with quote
Well I don't watch much Inuyasha anime any more and I'm way behind on the manga Sad. The only thing I'm looking forward thats new animewise for IY for me will be the 4th movie and the episodes I missed (70 something to 104).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
inuyasha1357

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:27 am Reply with quote
Alright, new subject.
Which is your favorite episode.

Mine would have to be Monkey Buisness.
It has got to be the funniest.

Later
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Aaron White wrote:

Snarking Shocked? On the contrary, I was just trying to point out the difference between IY and GitS: SAC. I already said I like IY to a degree, aside from the occassional filler and bad ending.

And the spoilers. Let's not forget about giving away spoilers now. I swear, I think this is like the second InuYasha topic where you've poster the same unmarked spoiler. How about some saving it for the people who haven't seen it?

And there have been so many good episodes I need subcategories to break down my favorites.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
And the spoilers. Let's not forget about giving away spoilers now. I swear, I think this is like the second InuYasha topic where you've posted the same unmarked spoiler. How about some saving it for the people who haven't seen it?

There, I went back and covered it. Yeesh, don't see why it's that important since spoiler[the ending is a giant dissapointment] Anime smallmouth.

I was a big fan of the series until I saw it, though I heard a rumor that they'll pick up where they left off someday, but for now, spoiler[that's the ending] and I don't like it.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:24 pm Reply with quote
All I have to say is .... Rosebud Laughing. And as for whatever the ending is, let the fans experience it and judge it. It sounds similar to spoiler[the ending of the Spider-Man cartoon in the late 90's where we never were shown Peter reuniting with Mary Jane, although his quest was over]. I though that was fine.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote
But Spider-man is different. He has lots of "amazing" or "spectacular" adventures and for those who are familiar with the whole American comic book superhero, it'd be no surprise if there wasn't some kind of supreme and be-all ending.

He has many enemies and most of them either get caught and break out of prison or it's some sort of ongoing feud that could even continue in our imaginations, but for IY:

spoiler[ I would have liked to at least see them put that blasted Shikon ball back together that started this mess. They didn't necessarily have to catch and kill Naraku, but anything would've been better than a self-proclaiming comment to go hiatus.]

But that's just me, I guess I don't like spoiler[endings that aren't actually endings.]
Asuka

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote
inuyasha1357, Tony is talking about the Japanese version of Inuyasha, which is 67~ episodes ahead of what has been shown on Adult Swim. The series ended inconclusively, and is stated to be "on hiatus" until the manga finishes, as they caught up to it during show production last September and would have had to make massive amounts of filler to keep airing it.

And it's sort of hard to spoil an ending when there IS no ending.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:09 pm Reply with quote
But it's not spoiling the ending; it's spoiling the plot. It's like playing a survival horror game where you're low on health and afraid to open the door because you don't know if there'll be a monster or health/ammo behind it. If you were told, would you be afraid anymore? It's the experience of feeling the emotion that you're spoiling as well as what the ending is.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
inuyasha1357 wrote:
You aren't paying any attention
to me at all are you?

Sorry, but we can't keep this thead alive when there obviously aren't a whloe lot of other users willing to participate.

A lot of us also have other things to do during the day, and while I don't want to "dog" on your tastes (no pun intended Razz), Inu Yasha doesn't really spark my interest as much as it use to anymore (for which I've explained elsewhere in the thread).

I don't have a favorite episode because, frankly, there are so many of them that I can hardly remember now. If I had to pick one though, I'd lean more towards the mini-arc where IY and Sesshoumaru fought that cat demon clan.

I'm more interseted in the action side of things rather than the (overused, but ocassionally satisfying) comedy, so basically any episode with Naraku or Sesshoumaru is on my list.
inuyasha1357

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Its cool,
i was just being a pest. hehe
That episode was awsome though.
Just ignore me.

P.S. Who can get me an avatar?

C'ya
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2