• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hellsing: The Dawn

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Casey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quote
So like...I'm curious. Publication of Hellsing ended a while ago. And according to several sources (including ANN...), Hirano was supposed to have continued The Dawn....back in January of 2009!

So like, what the hell happened? That's a pretty lengthy period of time for a very anticipated series to have without so much as a word...
il capitano

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:15 am Reply with quote
The Young King Ours spinoff magazine that The Dawn was running in got canned, according to the relevant Japanese wiki page. Seems to me there's a good chance that they'll start a new spinoff magazine eventually, with new chapters of The Dawn front and center.

However, I guess it's worth mentioning that I remember reading an interview Hirano did for the anime/manga magazine Pafu years ago in which I think he might have said he didn't intend on seeing a tankobon of The Dawn published, which I don't think is a very good sign of Hirano's attachment to the project. I guess the fans' attachment to it might overwhelm and force a conclusion out of him anyway.

My memory of that interview is kind of shaky, though, so maybe you'd better not quote me on that one...
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Plus, if I remember correct, Hirano is infamous for not keeping up on deadlines anyway. When he came to Otakon, he and his editor were joking about it.
timesteel

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
well i think this project died kouta hirano moved on to a new series called Drifters
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:19 pm Reply with quote
So no chance of this ever getting licensed in the U.S.?

Damn Sad.
Katsumi Murasaki

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Publication is scheduled to resume after the conclusion of the main Hellsing series. According to Taliesin Jaffe, the chapters of The Dawn will be animated as part of the Hellsing Ultimate OVA series.

Taken from the Hellsing Wiki page. However, this was said in 2008.... So... we'll see. Considering how huge the fan base is in America though, it might be finished and published after Hirano's done getting distracted.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:19 am Reply with quote
Katsumi Murasaki wrote:
Quote:
Publication is scheduled to resume after the conclusion of the main Hellsing series. According to Taliesin Jaffe, the chapters of The Dawn will be animated as part of the Hellsing Ultimate OVA series.

Taken from the Hellsing Wiki page. However, this was said in 2008.... So... we'll see. Considering how huge the fan base is in America though, it might be finished and published after Hirano's done getting distracted.

I sure hope so, I love Hellsing :3!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1