• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Did Viz stop the distribution of the Gash/Zatch Bell manga?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animerulez01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I just noticed in the Viz Zach bell site that they have listed volume 25 as the final volume. However there are still 8 more volumes left in the series.
Does anyone know if this is a mistake?
How can I contact Viz to ask them or to complain to them. I know Zatch Bell did not do good in North America as well as it did in Japan but they should have at least kept the manga going..
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:38 am Reply with quote
I'm sure it's just a little mistake. Viz always finishes series, even when they sell like crap (hi, Saint Seiya!). Volume 26 is scheduled for 08-11-2009.

There is a contact form on the website. About -> contact -> contact form.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:11 am Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
I'm sure it's just a little mistake. Viz always finishes series, even when they sell like crap (hi, Saint Seiya!). Volume 26 is scheduled for 08-11-2009.

Maybe now they do. I could name quite a few series that they dropped midway in the nineties and early 2000's (?).
Ginrai1984

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
Tamaria wrote:

Maybe now they do. I could name quite a few series that they dropped midway in the nineties and early 2000's (?).

and there also the shakugan no shana novels they've dropped.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Ginrai1984 wrote:
Generic #757858 wrote:
Tamaria wrote:

and there also the shakugan no shana novels they've dropped.

The only manga titles that Viz has dropped are their Pulp ones at the turn of the century; even then, they kept on with a few of them to completion. (Their last dropped one was No. 5 in 2002, which is apparently their all-time worst-selling title.)

Would be very surprised if they were to drop another manga now or any time in the near-future.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
The only manga titles that Viz has dropped are their Pulp ones at the turn of the century; even then, they kept on with a few of them to completion. (Their last dropped one was No. 5 in 2002, which is apparently their all-time worst-selling title.)

Oh? Then what happened to the likes of Urusei Yatsura, Black Jack and Metal Guardian Faust (okay, that one deserved it)? Did they lose the licenses halfway through or what?
HellKorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
Oh? Then what happened to the likes of Urusei Yatsura, Black Jack and Metal Guardian Faust (okay, that one deserved it)? Did they lose the licenses halfway through or what?

Meant in the last decade; my apologies. Those titles are of different policies and markets.

Should also correct myself: there's one another manga title that Viz dropped. That manga is Tough (which is more or less universally hated, and was an experiment for them anyway, so...).
animerulez01

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote
Thanks for answering. I really do hope its a big screwup that they did because I got volume 25 today and it says to be continued, so they can't end there.

I really blame Viz for screwing up this series though. Its my favourite along with Naruto and One Piece.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1