• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Blues Con Memphis, TN

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khellendross

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Some of you guys may have heard (or not) about Anime Blues Con in Memphis, TN. It started in 2011 and, in my own opinion, it turned out pretty great! So great that they're already planning on having a Round 2 for 2012!

Only this time, it's happening on the weekends of June 15-17 of 2012 at the same location of Hilton Memphis on 939 Ridge Lake Boulevard.

There will be a lot of returning panels and many more to be announced closer to the con day! (more information will be provided on the website).

As for guest panels, I'm sure many of you guys and gals who participated this year enjoyed hanging out with Vic Mignogna and Maile Flanagan, right? Well for Round 2 guests, Anime Blues has confirmed the appearance of Johnny Yong Bosch (voice of Kurosaki Ichigo from Bleach and Vash the Stampede from Trigun) and his band Eyeshine (more info provided here as well as samples of their music: http://eyeshine.net/). Other guests will also include Darrel Guilbeau (voice of Mikado Ryugamine from Durarara! and Alfred Darlton from Code Geass), Todd Haberkorn (Hikaru Hitachiin from Ouran High School Host Club and North Italy from Hetalia: Axis of Powers), and many more to be announced!

For more information about Anime Blues, please visit their website at: http://animeblues.com/

Important:

I do highly recommend you pre-register before the end of May 15th (pre-register for a 3 day pass for 35.00 or pay at the door for a 3 day pass for 45.00). I know some of you guys might not sweat on 10.00 but let me tell you...with 10.00 you could buy a couple of meals, you could buy that neat little trinket you want in the dealers room, or it could buy you the next volume in your favorite manga collection. So please please PLEASE pre-register as soon as possible so you can save money anywhere you can!

Also, if you're coming to the convention from out of town, the Hilton, which the convention will be held at, has offered a special rate of 93.00 per night for a one king bed or two double bed rooms if you reserve one before May 15th! For more information about that, their number is: (901) 684-6664.

Also, if anyone has time or just passing through, could you please bump this page so people can keep seeing it and keep this thread going? Your work will be greatly appreciated.

http://animeblues.com/ Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1