• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Remember when people were defending Kite's "story"

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Check out these "moe" images of the new series I found at AnimeNation, and tell me Umetsu wasn't doing this for the money. Man, did that guy blow his potential after Robot Carnival....

Last edited by GATSU on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Not looking at these right now (I'm at work, and them being Umetsu, I'm sure they aren't work appropriate), but I will say I agree. Umetsu's portion of Robot Carnival was great, but I thought Kite was just horrendous. And I don't even want to think about Mezzo Forte....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
They're fine, but the girl dresses in a maid outfit.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Well since I'm at school and the school blocked those pics with the filter of "Games"so I can't see them. However I'm just going to assume that the girl looks like a shorter, shinier version of the girl in Kite (maybe with longer hair )and say it's the same as what happened with Mezzo.

I just went through the AnimeNation site and it let me through for some reason, ya it seems that way, this still looks good though. Hasn't lost anything to me quite yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
They're fine, but the girl dresses in a maid outfit.

Fine in the fact there total crap, honestly I don't know why people would defend kite in the first place.....it wasn't even good, there's nothing in that story worth the amount buzz that show had. Just because there a sex scene in it doesn't mean that the story is good, get over people you wanted to see Hentai without saying it.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Y'know most people saw Kite without the hentai scenes in it first. It came out here first with all the sex cut out then with a "Directors Cut". It was good, IS good still.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Y'know most people saw Kite without the hentai scenes in it first. It came out here first with all the sex cut out then with a "Directors Cut". It was good, IS good still.

I'm pretty sure that most people were able to get that version, through other methods......

Quote:
It was good, IS good still.

Well to each his/her own, I guess....
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:

I'm pretty sure that most people were able to get that version, through other methods......

Quote:

I guess that's true, I first heard of Kite through the censored version, from which I went and found the uncensored version well after.

To each their own is always the best parting phrase.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quote
i personally liked Mezzo Forte better. not only were the action sequences better, but it had a sense of humor. i just wish it didn't have the pointless H scenes
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Just in case some people haven't noticed:

GATSU wrote:
Check out these "moe" images of the new series I found at AnimeNation, and tell me Umetsu wasn't doing this for the money. Man, did that guy blow his potential after Robot Carnival....

GATSU was talking about Kite Liberator, the new OAV series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:

Quote:

Short of some online special order import site no they weren't able to get that version of Kite at first. At least not in my area. When I still worked for Sam Goody/Suncoast we couldn't order that version because we didn't even know it existed. There was no info on it period. All we had were the edited versions and the story was good. The sex honestly didn't add anything to it, but the core story was a good one and would've made for a damn good movie or series. It almost reminded me of Point of no Return. Mezzo was not as good, story wise, but it also had potential. You had potential to turn that into an anime version of La Femme Nekita if they had done it right. I hope maybe this time they might get a clue and turn this into something good because the OVA had a lot of potential it didn't tap into.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Well didn't he have to put sex scenes into both of these? I actually remember him being forced to for some reason. I think he didn't want to but had too, and even then although they were pointless, they were pretty good.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Well didn't he have to put sex scenes into both of these? I actually remember him being forced to for some reason. I think he didn't want to but had too, and even then although they were pointless, they were pretty good.

That's why Kite: Liberator is being made in the image he saw fit for it. It will be a non-hentai OVA, and continuing what is happening in the Kite universe.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quote
I saw Kite somewhat recently since I've heard a lot about it... I thought it was good, nothing absolutely great though. I also heard it had loli in it, but there was none to be found... And no, if they're just underage it doesn't count as loli. All of those girls had pretty large breasts, which is not loli. I didn't watch it for the sex scenes either, I watched because I've heard a lot about it. I usually don't love straight sex scenes anyway, especially with males as butt ugly as the ones in this anime (yuri ftw).

Also, I've never liked meganekko for whatever reason, so the girl just doesn't work for me. Regardless, I'll probably watch this as I liked Kite as well as Umetsu's other works that I've seen.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:29 am Reply with quote
Pants: There's three cuts of the movie, one being the sexless version, the second being the directors cut (released in the US after the edited version, which omitted nothing barring about 17 seconds of footage of an obviously very young girl being raped), and the third being the uncut version which is more or less only available in the US and Germany, which contains that 17 seconds (MB originally didn't want to release it because it'd only appeal to pedophiles. They ended up putting it out anyway).

Currently Japan only has the Directors Cut in print.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3