• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote
relishdog wrote:
Can anybody help me identify this (NUDITY warning: bath, blonde lady, breast covering) https://puu.sh/y9jMA/84b32420c0.png

thank you!

edit: it's from Ballroom e Youkoso

It's Coach Marisa Hyoudou.
pibburns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
relishdog wrote:
Can anybody help me identify this (NUDITY warning: bath, blonde lady, breast covering) https://puu.sh/y9jMA/84b32420c0.png

thank you!

edit: it's from Ballroom e Youkoso

It's Coach Marisa Hyoudou.

relishdog, as Gina Szanboti indicates, this image is of Marisa Hyoudou. The context is a hot springs settings in Episode 17, and the image you posted appears at about 7:18 into the episode.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I am trying to find something that Mike Toole wrote, and -- because of my piss-poor search skills -- I cannot find it. It was in an article in which a good many of the writers each contributed perhaps a paragraph or two. Toole's contribution concerned how he would imagine a rebooted Voltron (along with a reference to Armored Fleet Dairugger XV); I want to say that maybe this was around the time that Netflix had announced that they were producing a rebooted Voltron -- but I am not certain about that.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I believe you may be looking for this article?

(Tip: if you know a keyword, do an ANN search and narrow it to just views or just articles. In this case, I searched for "Dairugger," because I figured that would get me the least number of hits.)
joseph1234

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:58 am Reply with quote
hey guys please can anyone help me here to find the movie Dragon Quest: Great Adventure of Dai i watched the movie 2 and 3 but where is the 1 movie?? can anyone please help me to find the first movie. thank you
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:23 pm Reply with quote
If you mean online, it's not licensed, so it's not legally streaming anywhere. If you mean physically, your best bet would be Japanese second-hand stores, like Mandarake or Book Off. Given it's age, it's probably not available on BD, and possibly not even DVD (you'd need a R1 or region free player to play it), so you might have to settle for VHS. And, of course, it won't have subtitles, so you'll either have to know Japanese, or deal with it not having it.

If you mean any fansubbed/bootleg/other illegal version, you're asking in the wrong place, that isn't allowed here.
Nohin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Differences in content, like better animation, or more extras, or anything else. Are there any? I'm referring to the dvd version by sentai filmworks.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
I believe you may be looking for this article?

(Tip: if you know a keyword, do an ANN search and narrow it to just views or just articles. In this case, I searched for "Dairugger," because I figured that would get me the least number of hits.)

Yes! THANKYOUVERYMUCH!!! Cool Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
tuongtndg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:30 am Reply with quote
Where can I watch Hetalia World Series dubbed in English? Crying or Very sad
horseradish
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:09 am Reply with quote
tuongtndg wrote:
Where can I watch Hetalia World Series dubbed in English? Crying or Very sad

The English dub is legally streaming on Funimation, though only for Premium subscribers and probably restricted to US and Canada.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Just a silly question, but is the upcoming Fate/apocrypha episode going to be the last one? I've looked and the upcoming episode is the 24th episode. But everywhere it says that it's going to have 25 episodes. There was apparently a recap episode so is it actually just 24 episodes plus 1 recap? I might wanna start watching the show but I don't wanna get stuck twiddling my thumbs for a week while I wait for the finale to drop. (Hopefully it's not disappointing like many people seem to think it is.)

Edit: No, apparently there were 2 recaps. So I don't know what to think anymore. Things seem to suggest that there are still 2 episodes left. Somehow in my mind it doesn't make sense for an episode to air on day before new year's eve, but I dunno.
horseradish
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Just a silly question, but is the upcoming Fate/apocrypha episode going to be the last one? I've looked and the upcoming episode is the 24th episode. But everywhere it says that it's going to have 25 episodes. There was apparently a recap episode so is it actually just 24 episodes plus 1 recap? I might wanna start watching the show but I don't wanna get stuck twiddling my thumbs for a week while I wait for the finale to drop. (Hopefully it's not disappointing like many people seem to think it is.)

Edit: No, apparently there were 2 recaps. So I don't know what to think anymore. Things seem to suggest that there are still 2 episodes left. Somehow in my mind it doesn't make sense for an episode to air on day before new year's eve, but I dunno.

Based on the Blu-ray boxes listed on official Japanese website, there will be 25 episodes. The recaps are not included in the episode list, so the upcoming episode is the penultimate episode.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:57 am Reply with quote
Hmm. I wonder if the last episode will then air on the 30th or will it air the next year?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:13 pm Reply with quote
So I wanted to look up Thunderbolt Fantasy in the Encyclopedia, but it's not on the T page. It does have a page though, but I can only find it if I search on the title in the search field in the site's page headers.

My question is, where in the Encyclopedia does this page live? If you go to the bottom of its page, the letter N is highlighted as if it lives in that page's list, but when you look at the N listings it's not there. Though I can't recall the titles now, I know I've seen a couple others that for one reason or another didn't appear in the anime or manga listings, yet still have a page, floating about somewhere in the ether.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:44 pm Reply with quote
IIRC, it's in the "Not Anime But Related" category, which used to be in the Encyclopedia menu but has since been removed. I forgot how to get to the list.

*does a quick site search*

Here you go
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 542 of 569