• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Odex Indefinitely Delays All Indonesian Anime Film Screenings Due to Illegal Video Recording

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:03 am Reply with quote
These idiots are just gonna ruin the fun for everyone. Watching No Game No Life Zero in cinema was an unforgettable experience and I intended on at least contributing to the Japanese anime industry that way. I don't have much money and the currency here is dying by the second but I could at least afford an attendance to support the local screening of anime movies. Please don't take that away.
michaelntj

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:17 am Reply with quote
To anyone who loves anime, please mind your manners when watching a movie. We all know that you're a huge fan of these anime movies but please, once again, behave appropriately in a cinema and abide by law. We don't want to hurt others who have waited for months to watch upcoming anime movies that's supposedly screened in cinemas.

PS: I'm really sorry for my bad English.
movie_buff36

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:32 am Reply with quote
Sad to hear that people still do these ignorance things.Just came back from Fate Kaleid the movie screening, We were lucky to still have anime movies screening in Malaysia....
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:51 pm Reply with quote
On one hand, I can definitely understand the outrage. The copyright holders are well within their rights to be enraged. However, I don't think this is fair to those people who do want to legitimately enjoy these films. This is essentially punishing the many for crimes committed by the few.

Hollywood movies are subject to hundreds of cases of recordings and pulling screenings would be the last thing they would do. Why? People who go to theatres to watch movies are there for the experience of the cinema and if all the seats are filled regardless, there would be literally no be no lost sales.

Also, let's face it, people who are going to pirate will pirate. And not to mention, rips of the BDs and DVDs are going to hit the net the instant they are released. They are hurting themselves and their fans by doing this.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
The recent case was done by someone who runs a fan page for anime and manga on a particular social media. Someone who actually identifies himself as a fan. Although he recently admitted his crime and put on an apology on his page, truth be told, I still feel like punching his face.

Again, there isn't that much money that can be pulled from the Indonesian market. Considering the risks of piracy and other unforeseen damages, if I were in Odex's shoes, I also might think the screenings aren't worth the trouble.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:35 pm Reply with quote
smh at people. Why illegally record when you can just watch the glorious BD quality.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1