• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which anime should have continued with new seasons?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coykiesaol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:06 am Reply with quote
Which anime should have continued with new season?

reason because the anime fells uncompleted or you want MORE!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:04 am Reply with quote
Would have liked to see what you thought should as mods tend to close a lot of topics if the person does not give what they think first.

If you are asking what I think should have continued this season from last, I would like to straight away mention Shinryaku! Ika Masume I was a great series last season. I found it one of the funiest things that I had seen in a while and was something I looked forward to a lot each week as I knew that I would love it. The last episode left me a bit sad, partially due to content, and also because I feared that it would be the last episode of my favourite squid girl.

If you want my opinion maybe on another series that I wanted to return this season, well I am greatly been wishing and hoping for another season for Baka to Test which I also found bit disheartening that it was it's length. I am sure that I heard news of announced second season, but heard little to no news, was really hoping it would have made it's return this season or something.

Then there are series like Full Metal Panic where the company should really do something with as it is begging for more as it's source material has I think finished so there is plenty of material. And many a fan of Angel Beats would like to see more of its characters be explained, possibly by OAVs.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote
If we're talking about continuing from the previous fall season, then Kuragehime/Princess Jellyfish for sure. There is more manga material to work with and the ending was reeaaally rushed. Plus, the poor show was only 11 episodes long, it really needed a couple more.
chachaboru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote
zombie loan- i'm not satisfied with the ending!!
lucky star- i want more!!
okami-san- the story can still go on!
kilaria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Full Metal Panic should definitely have another season. Season 2 ended with so much unresolved. It sure seems to me they planned on eventually making a third season.

Ouran High School Host Club is another. I absolutely loved this anime. I've heard one reason that they haven't continued this is because the manga is still ongoing and the anime had pretty much caught up with what manga had been released so far. I really want to see what happens between Haruhi and Tamaki along with the other characters.

Oh, and a HUGE favorite of mine, Skip Beat! Great anime. I liked it so much I read the manga and loved that just as much. It seems to be really popular so I don't see why they wouldn't do another season... I just don't know what's taking them so long.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
ThePoliced

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Mushi-shi.

A new season with a general plot, maybe 13 eps?
That wudda been nice, since all of the episodes r just separate stories(some parts r connected but barely).

Ergo Proxy

The ending is a blank page, maybe 5-6 ova eps ?
that'd be nice
killmyself

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:48 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Would have liked to see what you thought should as mods tend to close a lot of topics if the person does not give what they think first.

If you are asking what I think should have continued this season from last, I would like to straight away mention Shinryaku! Ika Masume I was a great series last season. I found it one of the funiest things that I had seen in a while and was something I looked forward to a lot each week as I knew that I would love it. The last episode left me a bit sad, partially due to content, and also because I feared that it would be the last episode of my favourite squid girl.

If you want my opinion maybe on another series that I wanted to return this season, well I am greatly been wishing and hoping for another season for Baka to Test which I also found bit disheartening that it was it's length. I am sure that I heard news of announced second season, but heard little to no news, was really hoping it would have made it's return this season or something.

Ika Musume felt complete to me they were just going to start repeating themselves if they did another season. There wasn't much room to grow with the characters in the current timeline and the gags would probably start getting tedious. If they jumped forward a couple years or something maybe it would be enjoyable.

I'm pretty sure Baka to Test is getting another season this year sometime after the OVA comes out. I enjoyed this show and agree I want to see another season.

I want another season of Sasameki Koto they were still in the process of adding depth to all the characters when it ended nothing was even close to being resolved. Good yuri anime is so rare also and when it does come around it usually has some horrible witch as a main character that makes it less enjoyable for me.

I agree with Kuragehime as well I was enjoying that show a lot and then suddenly it was just over with no ending and not even a full season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:50 am Reply with quote
killmyself wrote:
Ika Musume felt complete to me they were just going to start repeating themselves if they did another season. There wasn't much room to grow with the characters in the current timeline and the gags would probably start getting tedious. If they jumped forward a couple years or something maybe it would be enjoyable.

I'm pretty sure Baka to Test is getting another season this year sometime after the OVA comes out. I enjoyed this show and agree I want to see another season.

I want another season of Sasameki Koto they were still in the process of adding depth to all the characters when it ended nothing was even close to being resolved. Good yuri anime is so rare also and when it does come around it usually has some horrible witch as a main character that makes it less enjoyable for me.

I agree with Kuragehime as well I was enjoying that show a lot and then suddenly it was just over with no ending and not even a full season.

You just had to spoil my fun over Ika Masume by giving good reasons that it is ok not to continue. Well I always thought that few new characters could shake it up a bit. perhaps another part animal person as I thougt there could be a bit of unttaped pottential there, as a lot of its comedy was 'fish out of water' and some more "fish" would have been nice.

And I would also like to see some more Sasameki Koto because it really just felt like it ended without the pay offs. They were really just developing the yuri fan towards the end and the last episode did not really do anything.
SgtMustang

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:07 am Reply with quote
Trigun, just have knives escape and continue the manga story
more berserk(yay new movies?ovas?series?)
when they finally finish the current storyarch more hunter x hunter
also GITS SAC 3rd Gig
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:11 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
If we're talking about continuing from the previous fall season, then Kuragehime/Princess Jellyfish for sure. There is more manga material to work with and the ending was reeaaally rushed. Plus, the poor show was only 11 episodes long, it really needed a couple more.

I completely agree with you. I personally loved the show, yet one of my only problems with it was that I didn't really get a sense of closure from the ending: it felt like there was still more story to be told. Even an OVA follow up would be much appreciated.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:36 am Reply with quote
Well, the easiest one would be Berserk, which only ever covered the first half of the series or so (and an upcoming movie that apparently retreads it).

Also, Trigun Maximum should get a season that retells the last half of the original anime to match up with the manga.

Kekkaishi also deserves another season or two of anime to cover the subsequent arcs.

Likewise History's Greatest Disciple Kenichi has a ton of material to cover after the end of the original anime.
Chaoskiller2000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Air Gear I feel needed another season. The show really just felt like it was getting started and I don't want to give out spoilers but there was no complete feeling to the end simply because the events that happened were not done yet, however you could tell where it was going. There are some movies coming out or out idk but I think they may continue after the series left off.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Shin Chan Season 3 has to be made from Funimation, really really disappointed it ended where it did, but at least the last episode was great.

I would also agree with Berserk but with the new Movie projects coming out I won't say it.

Ergo Proxy could have used another season, felt it didn't really end, we have no idea what happens to the characters afterward.

Though it could have been done in 26 episodes I feel, I would like to know what happens next with Blood+, having Saya re-awaken and Haji back.

Now I don't want it to happen because of Satoshi Kon's passing, but another season of Paranoia Agent would've been amazing, can't get enough of that show.
evil_kenshin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote
a few that I feel should continue are:

Claymore ; skip the false anime ending and continue with how the manga goes.

histories strongest disciple kenichi - continue from where it left off (manga has gone on for awhile)

kaze no stigma - ending feels unfinished especially due to how there are still alot of lose ends to tie up.
Thorn of Camorr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:18 am Reply with quote
Two series that I wish had either been longer or have another season attached to them are Tsukikage Ran because as it's only 12 episodes I believe, they don't have a lot of time to develop the characters and without giving too much away, the ending that explains some history seems kind of rushed, as if we are already supposed to know what happened to a character when there is no real indicator of how we got to this point.

The other I wish that had just been longer was Baccano! It's a great series (and yes, the exclamation point is part of the title), immortal gangsters in the prohibition era is a really interesting story. It's about 16 episodes long though the main story is only 13, which while all characters are pretty fleshed out in this time, I would have liked to see the limelight on a couple more in particular. My main reason though would be because by the end of it, you do care for the characters and while the light novels continue the story (and still do if I recall) it would have been nice to get these stories into the anime, as I am not sure if the light novels have been translated for mass distribution.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3