• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dragonball AF

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Just to clear this up. Dragonball AF is a fan made anime. It isn't real. They just altered some pictures to make it look like new forms of super saiyan and new people.

Last edited by frostedsaiyan on Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Well I kinda already knew that. Nothing a little research can't answer. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop But I do get tired of people constantly asking if DBAF is a new DB series. DB fans can't get enough, can't they?
Meson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:09 pm Reply with quote
If is a new series. It just happens to be fan fiction and unofficial. It's like the stuff you read off fanfiction.net. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Burner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:16 pm Reply with quote
how beefed up can they get before goku craps his pants?
Sesshoumaru sama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Burner wrote:

It would take about 100 episodes of powering up before that happens.
hellsing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Sesshoumaru sama wrote:
Burner wrote:

It would take about 100 episodes of powering up before that happens.

Now thats funny. Laughing X1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Laughing
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:52 pm Reply with quote
To you, maybe.

Anyway, yeah, I find it highly annoying how this whole thing will not die. I mean, how long has it been going around? Didn't FUNi even outright kill the rumour themselves?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Funi did kill it, but the dbz fanboys are the ones responsible for AF not dying out.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... Isn't there a Dragon Ball AF doujinshi?

I never did see very much DB doujin sold, anywhere.. but given its popularity in Japan, I would expect TONS of it..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:46 am Reply with quote
I think that's exactly what DBAF was; a doujinshi. I can't say much else from there, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
VegettoEX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:05 am Reply with quote
The problem with AF is that there's no proof, one way or the other, in regards to it being doujinshi.

No-one's ever seen an actual AF doujinshi. No-one's ever scanned the cover of one to show that it exists. No group has claimed to have written the doujinshi.

The majority of what people see as "AF images" are simply doctored images from other points in Z and GT. Heck, I've seen an image from "Street Fighter Zero" that someone was passing off as AF. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or, in this case, an actual doujinshi artist) to take a screen shot of Gotenks in SSJ3, change the color of his hair and vest, add a tail, put the letters "AF" on it, and lead hundreds of un-knowing fanboys to believe it's something new.

Until someone shows up with an actual "AF" doujinshi, we don't even know if it was THAT. Until then, it's just crappy Photoshop work.

And yes, it's true. It's the DB fanboys that don't let it die. I've heard and seen FUNimation address it at PANEL upon PANEL at anime conventions, nevermind their website. I've been fighting it off on my own site for years. It's gotten pretty ridiculous.

But hey, at least we finally got those "Gotenks codes for Final Bout" FAQs removed from GameFAQs after six years... Rolling Eyes
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:13 am Reply with quote
I remember seeing an image ages ago...I don't think it was Photoshopped, it looked like an actual scanned drawing of what was supposedly "Super Saiya-Jin Level 5 Son Gokuu." Had red skin, white hair & fur, tail, and was dressed in some gaudy-looking robes (I think I still have it on my hard drive, I'll have to see). Anyway, I had always thought that was the doujin's cover. *shrugs* Ah well, looked pretty convincing (the person who drew it seemed good at copying Toriyama's style), even if said character did look ugly as sin.

EDIT: Yep, I still have it on my computer. Grainy as hell, but it's there.
rektagunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:14 am Reply with quote
and then there's Dragonball MJ.....it's only a rumor in anime-daisuke though........

still.............
coldspider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:54 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
I remember seeing an image ages ago...I don't think it was Photoshopped, it looked like an actual scanned drawing of what was supposedly "Super Saiya-Jin Level 5 Son Gokuu." Had red skin, white hair & fur, tail, and was dressed in some gaudy-looking robes (I think I still have it on my hard drive, I'll have to see). Anyway, I had always thought that was the doujin's cover. *shrugs* Ah well, looked pretty convincing (the person who drew it seemed good at copying Toriyama's style), even if said character did look ugly as sin.

EDIT: Yep, I still have it on my computer. Grainy as hell, but it's there.

I actually have this really good artists' rendition of a Gohan SSJ4 on my old PC.I mean,it's so good that I can't tell whether it is fanart or if Toriyama actually drew it himself.

Sadly,my old PC has had a virus for what seems like 2 years now and the disk drive doesn't work.(wouldn't know how to fix it and sitting in my closet collecting dust ever since) Anyone should be able to find it if they search hard enough though.
hellsing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:40 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
To you, maybe.

Anyway, yeah, I find it highly annoying how this whole thing will not die. I mean, how long has it been going around? Didn't FUNi even outright kill the rumour themselves?

Sorry couldn't help it but yeah that rumor by the dbz fanboys has been going on too long it should just dissappear now and never be heared of again Cool.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3