• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War Part 3 - The Conflict

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I just love how the premier is basically the intended ending of Cour 2/Part 2.

Also Pierrot Films really living up to their name with an absolute cinema of an episode, weaving together new/expanded content and better incorporation the wider lore into the anime.
#Droneku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, the fight doesn't let any tension build because it doesn't happen in the manga, it is an anime original addendum.

Basically, the anime rearranges some things to make the fight happen, sacrificing the buildup of the original.

Honestly, I think is for the better, knowing what happens later.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Right off the bat, let's be on the same page about a few things. First and foremost, previously, the Thousand-Year Blood War reviews were written by the late Nicholas Dupree.

WAIT A FREAKING MINUTE! HE DIED!? BUT WHEN!?

this is the first time im hearing about any long time ANN reviewer passing away without warning. its tragic and a loss to say the least!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Continuing from the last part, I appreciate the anime giving us some stuff the manga should’ve (the Soul King gets an actual name?!?)
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:31 am Reply with quote
The animation and the extended Ichigo vs Juha is fun but the fight coreography feels lazy like if they are just clashing lasers even though they are actually wielding weapons. Ichigo vs Ulquiorra didn't have the same budget but Pierrot nailed their exchange of swords like if they were samurais.
Daidan12

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2024 1:39 pm Reply with quote
- “the nine years of Yhwach gathering his strength just so happened to end now, how convenient!”}
It isn't, he took into account when to start the invasion so his powers would comeback perfectly, same reason he baited Ichigo to Hueco Mundo with The Jail (Kirge Opie) and used The Yourself (Lloyd Lloyd) to soften up Yamamoto because he believed the Old Man Yama was still as ruthless as he was during his Prime, they even explained it to you the next episode, The All Mighty can see the future.

He already saw when his powers would reappear, that's why he was so nonchalant when Ichibei was doing his Bankai flex. He essentially went full Aizen, and while Aizen planned everything out of intelligence, Ywatch did it out of knowledge.
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I think maybe the anime made it seem as though it was right at that moment? I'd have to rewatch that part again. But no, we're officially in the last part of the Kaiser Gesang: The Last 9 Days. That only begins after the 9 years of the Quincy King regaining his strength.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1