• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: MARVEL vs. CAPCOM Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics Game Review

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's Mahvel, baby! But now with rollback! And hitboxes! Also, there's other games, too!

But where's the blackjack & hookers?!

In all seriousness, though, I am psyched for this collection, but I at least would have like to have seen some mention of how MvC2 feels, at least in terms of emulation. It's the first NAOMI game that Capcom is re-releasing, so if MvC2 is done very well here then that'll mean great things for Capcom Fighting Collection 2 next year, since that'll be mostly NAOMI games.
snake-eyes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Now that The Punisher finally gets a Home Release! Now if Marvel Vs Capcom 4, if it happens, could add…THE PUNISHER, then That would be Awesome!
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
In all seriousness, though, I am psyched for this collection, but I at least would have like to have seen some mention of how MvC2 feels, at least in terms of emulation. It's the first NAOMI game that Capcom is re-releasing, so if MvC2 is done very well here then that'll mean great things for Capcom Fighting Collection 2 next year, since that'll be mostly NAOMI games.

I'm sure Justin Wong and the rest of the major FGC guys have that bit covered.

Looking forward to the physical edition in November myself and the second Fighting Collection afterwards.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Just a bit of a heads up and I can't believe I missed this announcement. It's already been confirmed by Capcom that Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics will get an Xbox One release in 2025 (if you have a Xbox Series S/X, the game should be backward compatible). Capcom Fighting Collection 2 will also be seeing a Xbox One release too (again, this game should be backward compatible with Xbox Series S/X).

So I guess Xbox owners should breath a sigh of relief that Capcom may have heard your voices and concern about the lack of Xbox release regarding these collections. One question for me and other console owners: Is there a way Capcom can released a future patch so that Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection, and Capcom Fighting Collection 2 to have cross-platform play so people with PS4/PS5 owners can play these game online with Xbox One/Series X/S owners given the number of titles supporting this feature has grown a lot in recent years.

EDIT: I want to add and I just found out that Capcom VS SNK 2 on Playstation 2 and Dreamcast in Japan (USA nor any countries/continents outside of Japan didn't have this feature, and the Dreamcast version didn't came out in US or outside of Japan at all) had cross-platform gameplay back in 2001 (2nd source) before cross-platform gameplay became cool, and mainstream today. That would make this title the first game to have cross-platform gameplay, here's the Japanese printed ad for that feature below:

Now, after learning about this, I think Capcom should seriously considered adding cross-platform gameplay for Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection & Capcom Fighting Collection 2 in a future patch update (would be nice if the first Capcom Fighting Collection can received this feature for all consoles) so people with Xbox, Playstation, Switch, & PC can play against each other regardless of what consoles they have.

Last edited by mdo7 on Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:34 am Reply with quote
This one's a definite yes for me. Just the same as anyone can pick up and have fun with pretty much any Smash Bros and a group of friends, a lot of these are similarly pretty evergreen, it's just important to make sure you set the screen flash/filter stuff to taste lest you blast your eyes out.

The first Fighting Collection is actually still on sale for a pretty good price.... it's not got the same sort of evergreen sort of gameplay (is much more niche) as the Marvel set or Power Stone stuff, so I'm really on the fence as to whether I wanna jump on it before the discount ends or not....
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:46 am Reply with quote
I guess the reason for the lack of offline features is because the games are based on the original arcade versions which are the best versions whereas the ports added extra content to justify buying it. Kinda like Tekken 3's adventure mode or Tekken 5's downright inclusion of the first three games (how did they get away with that?!).

Now, if only they revised Infinite a bit like Dood.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1