• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Overlord: The Sacred Kingdom Anime Film's Trailer Reveals Theme Song, September Opening

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
el_morris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:24 am Reply with quote
You guys are not ready for best pope.
BonelessChicken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Oh man... I always get depressed if I remember this arc
stefand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:16 am Reply with quote
This is the arc where i dropped the novels.
Reding the promo text i expected that, after all the dwarf side quest action, finally the plot with Re-Estize Kingdom was advancing. But no, it was some other kingdom, never before mentioned and therefore completely irrelevant for the main plot.

Just another story about Ainz wrecking death and destruction upon innocent people.
He can do this, OK, he is not supposed to be the good guy here. But at least advance the main plot for once.

I must admit, i dropped it mid novel. If it was a mistake, try to convince me so.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:38 am Reply with quote
stefand wrote:
This is the arc where i dropped the novels.
Reding the promo text i expected that, after all the dwarf side quest action, finally the plot with Re-Estize Kingdom was advancing. But no, it was some other kingdom, never before mentioned and therefore completely irrelevant for the main plot.

Just another story about Ainz wrecking death and destruction upon innocent people.
He can do this, OK, he is not supposed to be the good guy here. But at least advance the main plot for once.

I must admit, i dropped it mid novel. If it was a mistake, try to convince me so.

I thought it was the strongest of the double digit stories, primarily because Neia is one of the few human characters to get a really meaty arc.
stefand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:26 am Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:

I thought it was the strongest of the double digit stories, primarily because Neia is one of the few human characters to get a really meaty arc.

Yes, but there is an intersting setting, with the empire and the kingdom, a big cast of interesting characters. But instead fleshing them out more giving them more room, the author just throws hints and then goes off visiting the dwarfs or whomever.
Does the main story ever advance or does the author just keep on throwing in new stages for Ainz to wreck mayhem?
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:39 am Reply with quote
stefand wrote:
Andrew Cunningham wrote:

Yes, but there is an intersting setting, with the empire and the kingdom, a big cast of interesting characters. But instead fleshing them out more giving them more room, the author just throws hints and then goes off visiting the dwarfs or whomever.
Does the main story ever advance or does the author just keep on throwing in new stages for Ainz to wreck mayhem?

I'd argue the main story is conquest of the world, and the empire/kingdom/theocracy are actually the least interesting locations.

But the Re-Estrize Kingdom resolution is v14 (and they skipped this arc to get that in the fourth anime season.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1