• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Naoko Kodama's 'I Married My Best Friend to Shut My Parents Up' Yuri Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgosdin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Nice.

Mark Gosdin
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
This is a series that I would have loved to see running for more than three chapters.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I chuckled when I read the title but then I was disappointed when this yuri is being created by the Netsuzou Trap author. Hopefully, this will not turn out like her previous work.
bronia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:38 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
I chuckled when I read the title but then I was disappointed when this yuri is being created by the Netsuzou Trap author. Hopefully, this will not turn out like her previous work.

Luckily it's just the one volume. The reviews I've read seem to say it's nowhere near the icky levels of NTR: Netsuzou Trap. While in general I avoid Kodama Naoko stuff, I might look into this one further.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:44 pm Reply with quote
And Erica Friedman just did a review of this on Okazu, interesting...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:48 pm Reply with quote
More yuri one-shots! While those are fine, I hope they'll pick up more serialized yuri titles in the future.

John Hayabusa wrote:

According to Erica's review of it, it kind of isn't.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Yesssss MORE YURI!
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I never really expected any of her other manga to get licensed, since so many people dislike Netsuzou Trap... but I do. I've consumed so many f/f works of fiction expecting something good and getting absolute garbage, but NTR was the one time of expecting absolute garbage but actually enjoying finding something interesting.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:14 pm Reply with quote
After my experience with Netsuzou Trap, I don’t really want to read any of Naoko Kodama’s other works....yet at the same time, this one seems legitimately interesting.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Given how much I love the art and design of NTR, I'm definitely interested in other manga by the same author. I do hope this isn't as "trashy" as NTR, but admittedly I'm also hoping it's not as sickenly cute as series like Girl Friends. Either way, it's yuri and I'm intrigued, so I'll be picking up a copy when it's available.
Athleticalex195

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:18 am Reply with quote
Is Naoko Kodama just a different pen name for Nagata Kabi? The covers of thier works looks strikingly simular... or maybe im just missing someting like every tittle in that magazine has that cover or something but idk please lectrue me!
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:01 am Reply with quote
ShironoKuro wrote:
IF YOU DON'T LIKE KODAMA NAOKO YOU'RE NOT A REAL YURI FAN! You're a real disgrace to think you like the Girls Love genre if you don't like this master!

I never said I dislike Naoko Kodama. It’s just that since the only manga I’ve read from her is Netsuzou Trap, and I disliked it, I’m a bit skeptical about reading her other works. Just think about a manga you may have read that disappointed you; there’s no stopping you from reading their other works, but the impression from the first manga you read from that manga artist is implanted into your mind in a way that makes you expect something similar from them, which would be disappointment. Of course, your impression could very well be a positive one this time around, but it doesn’t change the fact that you may have started reading it thinking that impression will be the same.

Or you’re just being sarcastic and my AS brain didn’t pick up on it, and you’re now laughing at me for taking what you said seriously. At least excuse me for trying to make a point.
HK16

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Which one of them is Morimoto? Is it the one with the bag? If so, then she is fine. Nice oppai.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
That title is killing me.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
That title is killing me.

It's an awesome title, but it confuses me a bit because gay marriage is (as far as I know) not yet recognized legally in Japan. So either this takes place in another country, or an optimistic future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2