• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
import cd retailers & j-rock

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightshrill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:50 am Reply with quote
Hello, I know most of what is in here pertains to anime music but it's also for japanese music i believe (if i read correctly i just got up). Well I was wondering if there are any retail import stores around RI and southern MA, along with online; that have/will have cd's of bands such as Lareine, Malice Mizer, Moi Dix Mois, Baiser, Morning Musume, V6, Penicillin, etc (plus european imports would be nice to but for now im mainly concerned with japanese imports). Thank you and i would recommend any of those bands to near anyone, Moi DIx Mois and Malice mizer are good ol' japanese goth rock, Baiser and Penicillin along with V6 are j-rock and Morning Musume is j-pop (don't ask i hate pop overall but this band catched my eye, don't know why)

Sincearly,
Nightshrill
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about local shops, but CD Japan has albums of all the bands you listed. In the past I've recommended YesAsia, but that was before I knew about their SonMay and EverAnime collections. Don't bother with bootleggers.

-Jonathan
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure about the rest of RI, but Providence doesn't have much in the way of import CDs, or even anime anything. The best place to check would be in Boston, around the Cambridge area. They used to have some anime stores around Harvard, though I'm not sure if they're still open or not.
Zoe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Miagi wrote:
I don't know about local shops, but CD Japan has albums of all the bands you listed. In the past I've recommended YesAsia, but that was before I knew about their SonMay and EverAnime collections. Don't bother with bootleggers.

I've never bothered to check their anime stock, but they definitely do not carry bootleg mainstream music.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
I've never bothered to check their anime stock, but they definitely do not carry bootleg mainstream music.

They carry plenty of bootleg DVDs and VCDs. I don't care if the CDs are legit; it's still the same company, and until they ditch the bootlegs, I'm not buying anything from them.

-Jonathan
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1