• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shout Factory releasing subbed Transformers anime in July.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transformers-Headmasters-The-Japanese-Collection/15232

Shout Factory recently announced they'd be releasing the Takara-produced Transformers cartoons that aired in Japan.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transformers-Headmasters-DVDs-Announced/15225
So far reports indicate it'll be subtitled, though the UK releases did include HongKong produced dubs. It'll apparently include the entire Headmasters series, which means 35 subbed eps for 30 bucks- a pretty good deal overall.

Masterforce and Victory boxsets will apparently be following it- no idea if we'll be getting the Beast Wars anime series as part of this deal though. Hasbro's already released the more recent japanese-animated TF series on dvd in the past [Armada, Energon and Cybertron- while Robots in Disguise's rights are held up by Saban which aired it on FoxKids], and Shout just issued a new complete-series collection of the Canadian-animated CGI Beast Wars series.

Anyhoo, if your feeling you need more 80's Robot anime in your collection, this looks like a nice option with some familiar characters.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
OOOOOOOOHHHH!!!

Totally awesome. While I'm not a big Transfan, these shows would be awesome to own. I am waiting with baited breath to see if these actually street at that time.
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:
OOOOOOOOHHHH!!!

Totally awesome. While I'm not a big Transfan, these shows would be awesome to own. I am waiting with baited breath to see if these actually street at that time.

I imagine they should. I'm expecting they'll be nice quality wise since Shout Factory's got a good rep- the Oban Star Racers boxsets I have of theirs are quite spiffy.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I've been paying attention to Shout Factory! lately myself, ever since I bought those Oban sets.

Of course, they really put on a super hero cape when they announced they'd be putting Reboot on DVD! I'll be ordering it from TRSI when there's an appropriate sale or something for it :3 Of course I'll be getting the Definitive Mainframe Edition too :3
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I've already seen the Season 1/2 set of theirs at retail. The Reboot boxset looks quite nicer than previous releases.

I thought they might be releasing the Marvel anime dvd's, but it looks like Sony's doing that. They've done a lot of kids tv dub anime, so curious how a subtitled release'll look from them with these TF boxsets...
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Aw crap. I just payed a fortune for the old, long OOP Beast Wars DVDs no more than half a year ago. Totally worth it of course. I could easily have waited though and saved a bundle.
Cabal17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I'll be getting this set even though Headmasters is a terrible, terrible show. I just hope this sells well enough that they release the far superior Masterforce.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1