• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Heroes' Lee Auditions for Dragon Ball Z Movie

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Rose Kitsune wrote:
A Heroe's actor in a Dragonball Z movie? I am having a geek orgasm.

Yeah i'm with ya on that one. He's such a good actor.
My question is: Who is Piccolo?

He should tottaly be a black guy. Or at least thats what all my friends say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NExclusive

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote
if he gets the part maybe he can do the controlled energy ball in the movie,that way he'll have at least one power he can do unlike on the show Laughing
jsyxx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:58 pm Reply with quote
The Transformers movie sucked ass. How anyone can pretend that movie was good is beyond my comprehension. This movie however will probalby 3 times cheesier than Street Fighter the movie.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Ziggybits wrote:
Ohh man.. This is freaken awsome.. Till the part where i saw 2010...

OMG WHY! WHY GOD WHY! 2 YEARS.. AHHHHHHH Crying or Very sad

Because Lee AUDITIONED for the role. They're still in the pre-production phases of a special-effects movie. Post production for this movie will probably take a year alone. However, having Lee in this role would be a great PR stunt for the studio that's doing it.

LordPrometheus wrote:
Of course, I said the same thing about Transformers, and I think that turned out pretty well.

That, my friend, would be a matter of personal opinion. I definately understand why people liked it, but one viewing was enough for me. They had too many characters and subplots that just didn't go anywhere, and the movie was too long by at least 30 minutes. Still, for those that liked it regardless, I understand. I have liked my share of things that maybe didn't deserve it.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:30 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx:
Quote:
The Transformers movie sucked ass. How anyone can pretend that movie was good is beyond my comprehension.

Easy. Geek guy and a slut who's secretly a geek, too="best ever". Rolling Eyes
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
J-Syxx:
Quote:
The Transformers movie sucked ass. How anyone can pretend that movie was good is beyond my comprehension.

Easy. Geek guy and a slut who's secretly a geek, too="best ever". Rolling Eyes

So the movie would have been better if the actors weren't geeks? I didn't realize what the actors are like off the set had such a big impact on a movie. Rolling Eyes

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rie14500

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:54 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Bulma will have blue hair Razz
lol
will Piccolo be green Shocked
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quote
If they'r not then whoever makes the character designs better come up with something truly ingenius.

I think this movie will either be really good or one of those movies that are "so bad they'r good".

And the REAL question is how they plan to pull of Oolong Rolling Eyes
vash462

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote
LordPrometheus wrote:
This has been said before, but while this sounds freakin awesome on paper, DBZ is going to be incredibly hard to pull off without looking insanely stupid.

Of course, I said the same thing about Transformers, and I think that turned out pretty well. Wink I guess we'll have to wait and see. Critical to the success is going to be the casting of Goku and Vegeta. If they suck, so will the movie.

In the meantime, I'll be drooling in the corner if anyone needs me. Razz

omnistry wrote:
And I know I'm risking myself being attacked by a lieu of otaku, but I think Triple H would make an awesome Vegeta. (And yes, Motorhead should do the Vegeta theme song.)

Hate to burst the bubble of all the Vegeta fans in this particular forum, but this is a Dragonball movie, not a DBZ movie, so the likelihood of Vegeta showing up is slim to none. I'm more interested in if Tien (remember when he was a badass?) will be showing up and who will be playing him.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quote
Filming is apparently set to start in January, and they're filming at some point in Mexico. It involves a volcano.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=39092
MarzGurl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
I'll try to link to my source later (if I can find it), but vash462 is right. This is a Dragonball movie, not a Dragonball Z movie. From what I read, this is going to take place toward the tail end of Dragonball.

In any case, while I wouldn't personally choose to cast Lee as Yamcha, I am ecstatic that he wants to be involved. Could this movie potentially be ACCURATE to an original story!? Holy hell, that'd be the first time in Holywood's history!

This is where I bring up Transformers (since there have been other people talking about it here, too). I personally believe that the movie would have been a better experience for me if it were just called "HOLY SHIT, ROBOTS!" Calling it Transformers kinda hurt. I just had to forget everything I ever knew about Transformers from my past and pretend this was a completely separate entity. Not to mention most of the camera movement in the movie was just a bunch of jostling to emulate "OMG EXPLOSIONS AND SHIT!", but that's a completely different argument.

So, for me, I'm really hoping that the Dragonball movie remains semi-accurate. Just one Hollywood movie? Please? Accuracy? If we only get one, please make it Dragonball!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
If it's just gonna be a DB movie, and not a DBZ movie, then I'd rather just go for Forbidden Kingdom, since that Monkey King flick will at least have stars and a non-hack director.

Anyway, I can deal with Transformers not being canon to the show, but I can't deal with a piss-poor story. The only reason I could stand sitting through it is that I imagined the Bayisms parodied in Team America.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:

Heh, that'd be pretty awesome! Cool Although if you do that then you'd have to make the entire Namek race black, and heaven knows how much controversy that could start. Rolling Eyes

So it'll indeed be Dragonball, not DBZ huh? That's sort of a relief I guess, only if they're not going to do it from the very beginning I'd say that's a little bit questionable. I mean, I really would like this to have at least some sort of introduction to the story and world of Dragonball. The start of the series is pretty episodic though, so I guess I can understand. I'm guessing either the Red Ribbon arc or the King Piccolo arc is what they'll do, but I'm more so leaning towards Red Ribbon as far as what I want them to do anyways.

As for Lee, I've only seen a few episodes of Heroes so I'm not sure which one he is, but if he's indeed a big Dragonball fan, I'd say him and Masaki Oka would be a godsend for the success of this series! Very Happy These movies just need passionate Dragonball fans like those two.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Crap, I thought it was supposed to be DBZ. Sad
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

Heh, that'd be pretty awesome! Cool Although if you do that then you'd have to make the entire Namek race black, and heaven knows how much controversy that could start. Rolling Eyes

Oh know; i've got a good idea. I meant he can be played by a black person- they can still paint him green. lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4