• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FANTASIAN Neo Dimension's Boss Difficulty is a Real Slap in the Face

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUPER_METR0lD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:16 am Reply with quote
Oh I can confirm that this game is insanely difficult. I finished the game on my Apple TV last year, and it has some of the most difficult boss fights I've ever experienced in an RPG. Go into this one thinking it'll be a walk in the park, and you'll be in for a rough time. I still loved the game, but it really could do with better balancing in the second half of the game especially.
wolf10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:32 am Reply with quote
I'd have beaten it by now if iCloud hadn't deleted my endgame save when I had to swap phones, but I liked what I played. I'd put the difficulty at around FFVIII or FFX level: you need to learn the systems in their entirety or you're going to have a rough time of it. The real kicker is that some bosses require very specific skills on very specific characters' skill trees, making some of them basically unwinnable if you're even a level or two under (the game expects you to respec for bosses but makes it easy to do so). Ez is kind of the MVP just for all the incredibly specific utility he brings to the table.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1