• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Overlord Series' Lord of Nazarick Game Gets Global Release for iOS, Android in Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:55 pm Reply with quote
So... pretty safe to bet that it will last a year at most, considering Crunchyroll previous attempts at gacha treatment?
YoshiChao

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Love the trailer showing effectively 0 actual gameplay and instead just being a montage of scenes from the anime and presumably special moves or the like.

Can only imagine the actual gameplay looks insanely whatever and so they didn’t want to show it lmao
Cryten

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Based on their previous attempts yes, this will only last long enough for them to get the initial interest payments from players trying out the game and maybe a few whales who do not recognise the pattern. After that it will close taking away all the premium png's paid for with them.

Especially given overlord has already had a mobile game started and closed inside a year before. This is just to capitalise on interest in the movies.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this one lasts longer than the previous one for those who enjoy it.
I'll give it a try since I love the series, but don't expect to stick with it much more than the last game.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:31 pm Reply with quote
It is really ironic crunchy got the game only for them to end it just a few months before s4 was announced to be made and than air, if they had just waited a bit longer i guarantee they would of gotten more of their money's worth.

The game is still popular in japan and granted it is somewhat repititive these days but for it to have lasted for so long it shows it has a lot to offer as most of these game typically dont last more than a year in jp itself.

Well im not getting my hopes up for this either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1