• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Exclusive: Titan to Release French UFO Robot Grendizer Comic in English in September

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:20 am Reply with quote
Hm, this is really interesting to see, really interested to see how this would do.

One question though: has this particular comic receive any Japanese translation release in Japan?

The reason I asked is because last year I found out that IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic series in 2020 got translated in Japanese and it did so well, they had to re-print volume 1 due to high demand and let me remind you: this is the same Japan where manga usually dominate American or western comic book/graphic novels. I don't know how that particular Sonic the Hedgehog comic series is doing currently in Japan but it's nice to know an American comic series like IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog can do so well in a country like Japan where manga has always dominated any foreign comic/graphic novels. And yes, I'm aware IDW's Transformers comic have also gotten translated (& released) into Japanese, and I don't know how they're doing so far in that country.

So if Transformers and Sonic the Hedgehog from IDW Publishing (and Sonic being the most successful one when it comes to demands from the Japanese demographic) can get translated into Japanese, does this mean that Grendizer's French comic could get one day be translated into Japanese.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Seems well timed with the remake.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1