• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk: The Golden Age Arc - Memorial Edition TV Anime's 3rd Promo Video Features New Song by

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megax36

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:04 am Reply with quote
As much as I love this series, I just have to ask. How many times are they going to keep adapting the golden age arc before they adapt rest of the series in just as high a quality as they did with the 3 movies?
09jcg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:44 am Reply with quote
Megax36 wrote:
As much as I love this series, I just have to ask. How many times are they going to keep adapting the golden age arc before they adapt rest of the series in just as high a quality as they did with the 3 movies?
Im kind of hoping this is just them cranking up to announce an adaptation of a new arc. With, Uresai Yatsura, Bleach, Spice and Wolf, and Kenshin all coming back why cant this
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:32 am Reply with quote
Megax36 wrote:
As long as they don't keep out from the production of the show people who actually think that Berserk should be done entirely in 3D and that is a good idea - so it will probably never happens.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:52 am Reply with quote
Neat song. The proverbial lipstick on a pig. The added bonfire of dreams bits again prove that this team has no idea what to do with the material. How can such an iconic scene that the 90s show nailed be executed so lifelessly? And PS2-esque CG that is all over the first 2 films also aged like dirt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Seif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:58 am Reply with quote
Megax36 wrote:

I don't think this is a new adaptation. I think they're just chopping up the movies, perhaps with some new footage, to make a television series.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:19 am Reply with quote
I guess this is a nice opportunity for people to get to check out the story again, along with new scenes.
borisdrakoni

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:02 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Neat song. The proverbial lipstick on a pig. The added bonfire of dreams bits again prove that this team has no idea what to do with the material. How can such an iconic scene that the 90s show nailed be executed so lifelessly? And PS2-esque CG that is all over the first 2 films also aged like dirt.

It looks leagues better than the nightmare of the 2016 series, but yeah, CG animation just can't do Miura's art justice. Even in some of the best works the awkward/unnatural movements of the character models still manage to hit the uncanny valley and take me out of it. Of course, the original anime had its own issues as well, though I'd still say it's my favorite of the adaptations despite sitting at the top of my list of all time worst anime endings.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:53 am Reply with quote
Did...did anyone ask for this? Like, at all?
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:16 pm Reply with quote
The 3 films feature 253 (69+84+100) min of pure footage once you remove credits, trailers and logos. Let´s assume that the 1-cour run is 13 eps long as footage would need to be removed otherwise to add even one scene. 19.46 min per episode. About 19.5 minutes MAX can be added if we assume that an episode can have up to 21 minutes of pure footage. New music will be the only takeaway for me here and I will just watch the new bits in separation so that I can say that I saw them.

Liden Films didn´t even have the budget for a single OVA as they adapted Vol. 40 as an audio drama with the same cast. The Berserk Saga Project can finally die for real once this flops a 2nd time. May we be luckier next time. A low-budget Musou game is the best Berserk adaptation of the last decade. Tell Me Why
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:22 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
The 3 films feature 253 (69+84+100) min of pure footage once you remove credits, trailers and logos. Let´s assume that the 1-cour run is 13 eps long as footage would need to be removed otherwise to add even one scene. 19.46 min per episode. About 19.5 minutes MAX can be added if we assume that an episode can have up to 21 minutes of pure footage. New music will be the only takeaway for me here and I will just watch the new bits in separation so that I can say that I saw them.
They might reanimate some scenes, I think TV version of Broken Blade did that.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:49 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
A low-budget Musou game is the best Berserk adaptation of the last decade. Tell Me Why

Yeah, that game got a lot of hate when it was coming out but it was good enough for me that I got all trophies. My only problems with it were Casca's gameplay and the use of clips from the movies for the Golden Age arc's cutscenes because that stopped when I got to the material after that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1