• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Re:Zero Anime's Season 2 Slated for Next April After Updated 1st Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceKirby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:02 am Reply with quote
I rewatched the first season just two weeks ago in preparation for the upcoming 2nd season Mad
Guess I will just wait for someone to compile the new scenes.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:02 am Reply with quote
OrdepNM wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:
Well, we all (who have read the novel/summaries) know what scene is going to be added right at the end of the last episode, probably as a postcredits scene.
spoiler[ Rem geting erased ]

There's literally no way they'll add that in what's effectively a glorified rerun. They still have to cater to the people who only watched the original airing or bought the discs. It'd be ludicrous to actually move the story forward in this and throw everyone who skips it for a loop.

steins;gate did something similar two or three years ago.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:32 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
That is a given. The real question is whether they will give it a new dub and if said dub will be only in english or in at least four languages like the original. If so, it would be the first time crunchyroll has done so.

While I would bet a lot that Crunchyroll will probably not take two years to dub this new season like they did season 1, I would say the real question is if CR will be able to license and stream the 2 OVAs before season 2 starts. Of course it happens all the time when stuff like that doesn’t get licensed, like the Psycho-Pass movie trilogy.
Probablytomorrow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:41 am Reply with quote
I wonder if all that feet-dragging around season one's overseas release was related to this new cut? Like, what if there were talks about skipping the original release entirely and just releasing this new cut, or something.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Good news for season one and season two.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:52 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:

Sadly, the only way to see this coming, and I saw this coming a mile away since steins gate did the same was to be spoiled regarding the content of the last animated arc.

The Hollow Shrine wrote:
It's a standard practice by now. For Psycho Pass they added a total of 8 minutes new footage, which featured.. basically nothing, and felt like a limp extension to the show.

Considering how crappy the release was of part 1 in the USA and the UK it is utterly ridiculous. They really can go rot in hell there over in Japan. First we get screwed over by Funimation and Anime Limited getting garbage masters from Japan with video quality issues that were beyond unacceptable. And now they are adding new footage? IF this getting a bluray release do they expect me to pay more than I already did with the collector edition sets? Dont get me wrong, I love Re:Zero. And im happy to pay for this anime. But this is just a rip-off. They really can go screw themselves there in Japan.

The only acceptable thing would be if they include these edited episodes as bonus to the S2 future release.
OrdepNM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:56 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:

Steins;Gate aired an alternative version of episode 23 that serves as the deviation point for the Stein;Gate 0 spin off - in 2015, ahead of the game release, as a well advertised special to promote said release. It had nothing to do with the S;G 0 anime that would be greenlit at a later date and air in 2018, after the premise of the spin off was widely known.

That's very different from tackling on a major twist in Rezero to the tail end of a rerun that not everyone might be interested in and/or hooked enough into social media to get the memo that the last episode of the rerun will be required reading for the start of S2 to make sense.
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:15 pm Reply with quote
2nd season ? Yes please !
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Japan really needs to understand that you CANNOT call something a season 2 if you delayed its release for more than 2 yrs. Its not a film its a TV show, so you're better off calling this Part 2 instead of the generic, misleading Season 2 that's a widely popular term in the anime community.

Last edited by FlyGuySempai on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
pluvia33

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:08 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
They really can go rot in hell there over in Japan. First we get screwed over by Funimation and Anime Limited getting garbage masters from Japan with video quality issues that were beyond unacceptable. And now they are adding new footage?

Hmmm, while I am a bit put off by your level of hostility, I do find this interesting. I'd heard about the poor quality issues with the Funimation release and that's why I haven't bought the series yet. However, I hadn't heard that it was the fault of the provided masters. Kind of makes sense as Funimation typically has a pretty good track record with Blu-ray authoring. Maybe there's hope for me and others in my situation that maybe they'll provide Funimation and other companies who licensed the series with better masters of the new Season 1 cut?
Niyari

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:52 pm Reply with quote
that's a really cool key visual
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:27 pm Reply with quote
OrdepNM wrote:

it's pretty much the same thing.
it's also pretty close so we will know soon anyway.
Peter Hunt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:33 am Reply with quote
One could assume the reason for extra parts to Season 1 is as important context for Season 2. But then again these oversights are usually corrected by a flashback or something.
nx6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:

I believe you're thinking of Psycho-Pass really.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2