• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Dub Casts For Overlord, Shimoneta, 1st Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Film, 6t

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:17 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I'm eager to get those live-action Kenshin movies, but I'm going to pass on watching a dub of a live-action movie in 2016. Just doesn't work well.

I'm with you on that one. Even if the dub is good, watching a dub of a live-action movie would be too weird for me.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, glad to see Overlord is finally coming out. Too bad it looks like there won't be a CE though, would have definitely picked it up if it came with some nice extras.

I'll probably also be picking up Code Geass BD CE, CG: Akito, Shimoneta, Prison School, Death Parade (I hope it comes with Death Billiards too!) and maybe Omamori (dvd though :/ )
Just need them listed on RightStuf and another Funi sale as the end of this year is getting expensive.

Already have Escaflowne and DxD S3 on pre-order too.

Rest of this year is looking very entertaining =D
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:42 pm Reply with quote
A dub of animation I can pretty much understand since it's just lip flaps, but I think you're pretty lazy if you can't watch a subtitled live-action film. It's just too bizarre to hear American English coming out of the mouths of clearly Asian people.
smokeyjoey8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:58 pm Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
The Haruhi release, slated for September, isn't in that list, though. Which is rather weird.

That's pretty strange. I wonder if it was a mistake that it wasn't on the list, or if Funi is delaying it. I keep seeing people complain about the viewing order on the Funi release, so maybe they're doing something about that? Or maybe they're delaying it so they can release and maybe include the movie in the Ultimate set? I'm sure that's not it, but one can always hope.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:59 pm Reply with quote
FUNimation can get pretty carried away when it comes to comedies, so I hope the best parts of Shimoneta stay the same...
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Funimation is releasing so many dubs lately & the quality has been so good that it's hard to believe. They are also using great voice talent from both Texas & California which I love. This is a great year for dub fans. Very Happy
RANGIT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Death Parade (I hope it comes with Death Billiards too!)

Oh, I think it will. Smile
That is if the solicited French and UK Collector's/Ultimate Edition releases are anything to go by.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Funimation is releasing a lot of there spring 2015 line up which I am very excited about but still why no Ninja Slayer? Is it because they plan on releasing it in a collectors edition or something I ask because Ninja Slayer was my favorite spring 2015 series. Confused
Running Wild

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:23 pm Reply with quote
No Lex Lang as Sanosuke.

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Wish they said when Attack on Titan Junior High is coming to DVD
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:

I'm with you on that one. Even if the dub is good, watching a dub of a live-action movie would be too weird for me.

It didn't even work with the Death Note movie, and that had the original English VA cast. It's just bizarre, possibly because the US as a whole doesn't deal in dubbed movies like the rest of the world. ^^;
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Ooh. I was wondering who was going to replace Britain in Hetalia The World Twinkle. I can't wait to own it. Very Happy
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
No Lex Lang as Sanosuke.

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY.

That's why I've been reluctant to watch the Kyoto Arc ova. No him, Steve Blum or the others.

Will say I'm surprised they're dubbing the movies though. Outside older Kung Fu movies and ones with giant radioactive monsters, live action movies aren't quite right dubbed.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:23 am Reply with quote
smokeyjoey8 wrote:
chito895 wrote:
The Haruhi release, slated for September, isn't in that list, though. Which is rather weird.

That's pretty strange. I wonder if it was a mistake that it wasn't on the list, or if Funi is delaying it. I keep seeing people complain about the viewing order on the Funi release, so maybe they're doing something about that? Or maybe they're delaying it so they can release and maybe include the movie in the Ultimate set? I'm sure that's not it, but one can always hope.

Funimation may have mentioned it but they blitzed through the list at the panel pretty quickly and so we only listed in our article what our team at the panel specifically saw release dates for (Funimation later Tweeted out the November release list, which is why that one is so extensive).
Ambrose7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:22 am Reply with quote
While I am pretty excited for Shimoneta and Overlord, is it hopeless to wish for a dub for Tatami Galaxy ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4